Men's Club close to Sonoma

Men's Club close to Sonoma

Postby Mike P » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:02 am

I'm looking for a good men's club somewhere reasonably close to Sonoma. Clif practices on weeknights in San Leandro, so that's out. Marin Lacrosse has 12 long poles already, so they can't take another. And from everything I've heard, Barbary Coast and Olympic Club are all awesome former All-American lax players.
I just want to keep playing, does anyone have any suggestions? There have got to be enough lax players in Sonoma/Napa/Vallejo to field another team, is anything in the works? Playing with Palo Alto Lacrosse the past few weeks has been fun, but I'd rather avoid the 90 minute drive if I can.
Thanks for the help.
Mike P
Fan
Fan

Re: Men's Club close to Sonoma

Postby backdoor » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:21 am

Mike,
We made a run at joining the league last year in Santa Rosa. We had enough players but unfortunately we had a large number of under 21 players. The league presidents told us that we couldn't play with those players even though Barbary Coast had a high school senior playing for them. The men's club league is hard to break into due to the low number of teams and the league doesn't seem to be very organized.

Another second tier team would be great for the league.
backdoor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mike P » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 am

Damn, a Santa Rosa team would be great! There have got to be a decent number of players in the greater area... how could we go about starting something up? Maybe the league presidents could lend some advice/guidance? Seriously, I had such a good time at the last PA Lax practice, and I feel like I'm stuck between a 1 1/2 hour commute to PA or dropping lax altogether.

Post below if you're in the same boat as me, or if you have any suggestions.
Mike P
Fan
Fan

Postby Timbalaned » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:58 pm

just posted on the other topic, but I am in if this happens.
UO 2002-2006
Napa Force Coach 2007, 2009
Timbalaned
1st Line
1st Line

Postby Dark Pirate 33 » Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Is there any summer lax going on in the greater sonoma/napa area? I just finished up my college career at Claremont and am back in Santa Rosa and I am looking to keep playing without having to commute hours to do so.

Its good to see this board is still alive and kicking, I havent been on this board since its infancy. nice work Backdoor!
Dark Pirate 33
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby SkylineCoach » Wed May 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Summer league in Marin: http://www.vitalitylacrosse.com/Registe ... League.htm

Also, Backdoor's Tuesday nights & indoor will probably be happening in Santa Rosa.

Us Cougs have to help each other out, knaamean?
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby laugs26 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:15 am

i would also like to get my stick back out! anyone know of some pick up games at least?
laugs26
Fan
Fan

Return to Men's Club