Desperately searching for something competetive

Desperately searching for something competetive

Postby nick5446 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey guys,
I just moved to San Jose from the Boston area, and as the title says, I'm trying to find a league with some competition. I've been playing goalie competitively for 14 years and I'm not quite ready to fade into a beer league for the rest of my life. I've seen a few club teams that look like they could be promising but I'm not sure how to get involved. I'm looking for any information; email, links, phone numbers...anything. I'm willing to travel for a good league too.

Thanks a lot in advance,
~Nick
nick5446

Postby backdoor » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Well, unfortunately our Men's Club league, http://www.uslacrossepacific.org/league ... _teams.htm, isn't well organized, doesn't seem to encourage expansion, and is pretty small making it difficult to get on a team. But, if you a solid goalie, I'm sure you'll be needed somewhere.

You can also check out vatality lacrosse for fall leagues. They have a adult league in Santa Clara. http://vitalitylax.countmein.com/Progra ... orFallBall.

I think Vitality has the ability to supplement the men's league in the Spring and maybe become bigger than the NCLA in a matter of a few years.
backdoor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SkylineCoach » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:52 pm

From San Jose your best bet is the Palo Alto club. Don't know how they're fixed for goalies, but they're closest and they only went 2-5 this year so they probably want some help.
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby nick5446 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:11 am

i looked at the vitality site and it looks like all they do is pick up games...is that far off? it said something like when everyone shows up they'll divide up teams and play, which is fine, but i'm just looking for something a little more serious than that

i emailed the Palo Alto guys about 2 weeks ago and got no response, so i don't know if that means they don't need me or maybe it's an email address they don't check that often, who knows

anyway, i appreciate the help, and if you hear of anyone that needs a goalie let me know

thanks,
~nick
nick5446

Postby laxlover22 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:16 am

laxlover22
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby nick5446 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:08 am

thanks man! i contacted both of them
nick5446

Postby Mexicolax » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:40 pm

That indoor thing in Santa Clara isn't bad. A alot of NDNU guys are going and last week it was quite competitive and fast paced. Its atleast worth checking out 1-2 Off the wall soccer
Mexicolax
1st Line
1st Line

Return to Men's Club