CBLL Jordan's Review

CBLL Jordan's Review

Postby btbtopshelf » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:17 pm

So I woke up a little sore in both my legs and back, had a couple of new bruises that weren't there yesterday morning, but I feel great to play lacrosse again. We had a great time last night playing Box Lacrosse at the Bladium. Back up Stealth Goalie Robby D, made the drive up from Monterey, put on the armour and jumped in cage. It is always a pleasure to play with the legendary Kim brothers even if it is only half court. New east coast transplant from Springfield College via West Genesee, Joe Uva brought his buddy Mike, a pro baseball player, to play lacrosse for the first time. Mike had a blast and could pass & catch by the end of the night and is now his new favorite sport. Captain Morgan, a beast from UNC was in full force, mouth guard in at all times, to also get up and down the floor. A late appearance from no other than Adi Taylor balanced out the floor with Rafi, another Cal Grad, taking a study break from landscaping architecture to break a sweat. Ryan from Novato, Amos and myself, made us ease into hopefully full court next week with more players needed. Half court was great for this belly, with plenty of touches & shots to feed the fix.

I know several of you like Toby, Merion, Buck, Hugo, Crafty, JP, Gma, and several others are now making plans to spend Halloween at the Hawaii tournament. What better way to prepare for the Hawaii Tournament at the end of October with several nights of getting a good run in and to knock the rust off your stick skills since the summer.

Blake & Cort have successfully launched their new Talon Lacrosse handles company so it was great to talk a little shop during the water breaks. Everyone made several nice shots & there were some feeds that were amazing. Robby D robed several would be goals. I dropped 2K last night to reserve the field through the end of January. I am asking all players who can make it out next Tuesday, to find your stuff, (I have gear if needed) bring your check book $100 per season or $20 drop in fee, and lets have some fun this Fall & Winter and play some great lacrosse. We have several sets of goalie gear so we will always have goalies. Thanks for you guys that came out last night. I am looking forward to next week going full field, so please help me pass the good word. Have a great weekend & see you Tuesday Night 7:30pm October 3rd. See you on the field & bring a buddy.
Look Good ~ Feel Good ~ Play Good
btbtopshelf
1st Line
1st Line

Summary 10-10

Postby btbtopshelf » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:57 pm

Boy I am feeling it today. This old body took some hacks to the shoulders & biceps, but it feels great to be a lot sore this morning. What a fantastic night of up and down, mini full field lacrosse last night!

In attendance were the usual suspects, Robby D drove up from Monterey for one net, Adi, Paul Merion who brought Danny Boy for goalie in the other net. Kim Brothers who brought out Mike from Bucknell, Blake Kreeft, Corona Joe, New Mike, Brian from U of Arizona, Novato Ryan, Great to see one of the CBLL original charter members Robert Lewers with myself rounding out our dozen. It was great to have some new faces as well as some old and I encourage everyone to again spread the word to all the lazy players who stayed at home and watched TV shows last night.

We threw in the sticks and picked Baggataway Style the teams and we were off & playing. Everyone had their moments, but the goalies played the most consistent and exceptionally well, given the amount of artillery they were taking at close range. Corona Joe had some wicked outside sweeps lefty & righty. Several times I turned my back, being caught in the line of fire and praying the ball wouldn't hit me in the back. Rookie New Mike scored his first goal & recored two assists. Keep up the good work Mike! Newcomer since returning from a 6 week drinking tour around Europe, Arizona Brian impressed me the most last night with some spectacular shots. Playing with a traditionally strung, rats nest of a stick he personally strung, he had lefty goals, he had righty goals, he scored inside, outside, he had several backhanded, sidearm, twister any which way you could fling the ball he did. Not to mention all the pipes he hit last night too. Bucknell Mike was also very impressive with perfectly sound defense technique, we all wish him well in a couple months when he auditions for some of the professional indoor teams. Really gald we can help him get in fighting shape. Legendary Kim Brothers are always a class act and so much fun to play with. Playing until 10:15 pm, we were playing a score 2 win by two game when one of them dove across the crease and buried the ball lower right corner. He had fallen and could not get up and this is how we ended last nights session. With hot water to shower (unlike last week) it was back home to Monterey with a great feeling of getting a super work out with a bunch of great guys.

We are on for next Tuesday night, 10- 17. $100 Fall Fee or $20 drop in rate. Have a great week and see you next week for more of the same~

Jordan's Review
btbtopshelf
1st Line
1st Line

Past, Present & Future

Postby btbtopshelf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:11 pm

The game of lacrosse has been verbally taught & passed down from generation to generation dating back centuries. It was great to be part of this history again on Tuesday night. The Men’s Box Lacrosse League, once filled with pro want to be’s, pretending it was Saturday night at the Pavilion, has now progressed to a kind of Elders Nation. The other night was a good sense of History with how lacrosse was played on the Reservations. Elders playing with Youngsters passing down their knowledge of the game through Play. A great night teaching new coaches, having fun, giving back to the game & networking with new & old friends.

Two days later, I am able to walk normal again, after a clubing to my knee, left me hobbled & wishing I drove an automatic. A constant reminder of how much I love this game we get to play once a week, I find time now to sit down to write my review & reflect on the past, present & future.

Several nice plays from the Kim Brothers (as usual) along with nice looks from the Merrion Brothers too. Great to see professional players Jim Moss & Nate from Hobart (playing with NJ Pride) mixing it up with 8th grader Gabe Garcia & Uncle Dan, who’s still got it at 56. Goalie play was once again solid with Robby D from Monterey & Danny Boy wearing all the pads and getting after it with several nice stuffs. Great to have peeper off of the IR come up for a great run & catch up on life. The young guns Joe, Ryan, Hugo, Captain Morgan, Alex, Dave, Anthony, Chris E, & Brian all played great with quick sticks, behind the back, no look, around the world passes & scores with great accuracy.

Everyone had plenty of playing time during the 90-minute Gentlemen’s Game. I hope to continue this Great Spirit of the Game again next Tuesday night Dec 5th from 8:00- 10:00pm. ($20 drop in fee) We will have several more High School players to teach & pass on our knowledge of the game through play. The annual War on the Floor Box Lacrosse Tournament will be played Dec 8, 9 & 10th. (Friday, Sat & Sunday) & this will serve as a practice & warm up scrimmage.

We will continue this Tuesday night Tradition through the end of January. Thanks for passing the good word.
btbtopshelf
1st Line
1st Line

Postby quickstick » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:39 pm

:D Absoluetley these sessions are grounded in 800 year old history. I checked with my mentor, the now west coast famous member of the Onadaga Nation, Sid Jamieson. It is a fabulous venue for learning the game, remembering the game, teaching the game, renewing old friendships and making new ones.

The drop in format is perfect. Come when you can, but support this historical gathering.
When I make a great play it is because my opponent made me do so.
quickstick
All Star
All Star

Return to Men's Club