Is $1400 per player for a "U11A" team really necessary?

Is $1400 per player for a "U11A" team really necessary?

Postby Retired Coach » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Just got a note from my old club...they talked about their expenses...balls & fields and such...
Then they laid out this year's registration fees...

$600 for general registration

Another $600 in coaching fees if your player makes an "A" team

Another $200 in volunteer deposit...you get that back if you do 6 hours of volunteer work and ask for a refund in writing...all at the discretion of the club administrator...

Then there's another $150 for compliant uniforms...including socks...

Then they talk about how being a member of the club is a priviledge and warn you that membership can be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of the officers of the club...

If this league has really gotten to the point that it needs $1400 for a talented 10 year old to play this great game...I think we're doing something wrong...
Retired Coach

Re: Is $1400 per player for a "U11A" team really necessary?

Postby SkylineCoach » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Edit:

"Retired Coach"... well hello again ChmDave. Changing names on a forum is an effective way to troll for sure. I checked into what you said and if you edit your post to reflect the real fees of your former club, I'd respect that. Otherwise, you're just spreading misinformation.

Of course, it would be much better form, since you've left that club, to mind your own business.
Last edited by SkylineCoach on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Re: Is $1400 per player for a "U11A" team really necessary?

Postby picknroll » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:50 pm

I ran operations for several years for a large (and very successful) youth club. We tried to keep our fees under $300 for everything. No coaching fees. We inventoried uniformed and reused for several years. Our goal was to make the sport affordable and attract players. It gets expensive enough with the equipment. Some things are non-discretionary expense: US Lacrosse, NCJLA fees, Ref Fees, Insurance, Field Rentals, etc. We tried to cover those costs and then have a modest budget for coaches training instead of paying for coaches. You can bring in the best coaches in Nor Cal for not too much expense if you have volunteer coaches willing to learn the game.

This club sounds like they're trying to be soccer to me. Too bad.
picknroll

Return to General Youth