Are you ready for some indoor lacrosse?

Are you ready for some indoor lacrosse?

Postby laxin94526 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:45 am

With summer coming to a close, it's that time of the year to start getting ready for some indoor lacrosse. In the past few years, the opportunities for youth level kids to play box lacrosse has expanded and the current crop of youth players are very lucky to have that additional experience available. Back in 2006, there was only one indoor league, which had four 7th grade and four 8th grdae teams (about 60 - 65 players per grade). With the expansion of the indoor league at the Bladium (run by All West), the Boxla league in San Jose (run by Shaydon Santos) and the upstart program at Caberinet in Livermore, the number of boys that get the chance to play indoor will increase dramatically. If any coach or youth player is not sure if indoor is right for them, I can say from personal experience, YES. Having coached a youth team (and having a son that played box), I watched the players develop into better field players in the spring. The speed of the indoor game, attackmen having to play some D, the D guys getting to run the floor, shooting on a 4x4 goal, additional touches, all helped improved players stick skills. If anyone has any question that playing box is a huge benefit to improving skills, just take a look at the Nor Cal 2011 All American list. There were 11 players from the bay area that received the highest honor a high school player can receive. Of those, I know that (at least) 7 of them played in the first indoor league back in 2006 as 7th graders. As a coach within EBAL, I also noticed that about 14 or 15 of the guys that received first or second team all EBAL honors also played indoor as 7th or 8th graders. So, are YOU ready for some indoor lacrosse?
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Re: Are you ready for some indoor lacrosse?

Postby SkylineCoach » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:14 am

Don't forget that Tim Booth runs Shaydon's fall & winter program in Oakland - Dry Ice Hockey just off Hegenburger near the airport.

http://usboxla.pointstreaksites.com/vie ... nd-dry-ice

Skyline had a number of players in U11, U13, and U15 Box last year and the precision increases they saw in their fundamental skills were a huge reason we were more competitive as a Club than we'd been for a few years. I recommend the Box Lacrosse Academy program without reservation.

Edit: Plus, there's an adult league \:D/
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Return to General Youth