Cali*Lax All Stars 2010

Re: Cali*Lax All Stars 2010

Postby SkylineCoach » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:19 am

Sundays at Dry Ice Hockey in Oakland. Fall session's about 2/3 over, but I think you can still do drop-ins. Email info@boxlacrosseacademy.com for details.
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby SkylineCoach » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 am

Winter registration open: http://usboxla.pointstreaksites.com/view/usboxla/recreation-leagues/oakland-dry-ice-1

Shaydon's also done a huge amount of work in developing the USBoxla concept over the past few months. He's set up insurance & membership (similar to USLacrosse), written an official rule book, and signed on additional leagues to play. There will be many, many more tournaments and opportunities for travel teams coming up. In addition to the BoxLacrosseAcademy leagues already operating in San Jose, Oakland, and Sacramento, he's added the StealthAcademy (Washington), OC Box Lacrosse (Orange Co), and TrueLacrosse (Chicago, Michigan, WI) to the USBoxla network, and I hear the Denver Box League may be coming in too. Very exciting to see so many kids playing indoor the way its supposed to be played. http://usboxla.pointstreaksites.com/view/usboxla/home-page

U13 action in Oakland, Pleasanton visiting NorthBay:
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby picknroll » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:18 pm

I was watching the Hopkins/ND game and told my son that I could tell that the #45 attack for Hopkins was a Canadian box lacrosse player. I was not familiar with this player at all, but you can just look and tell. I pulled out the program and sure enough he was Canadian.

There's nothing like those box lacrosse stick skills. I'm glad to see Shaydon having success with his programs. This is another great channel in improving Nor Cal lacrosse. Besides, Shaydon is just a great guy.
picknroll

Postby backdoor » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Shaydon was gracious with his time and gas money as he made a guest appearance in the Sonoma Indoor Lacrosse League last week playing for the coaches/refs as they took on a select team of high school players. Great game ended in an 11-11 tie! Of course Shaydon scored 5 or 6 goals and had the game tying assist with about 10 seconds left. It was fun playing with him and I appreciate him driving up. He was SO Canadian with his long sleeve jersey, his box helmet and his all-right moves!
backdoor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cali*Lax All Stars 2011?

Postby norcalmom » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:26 am

2011 Cali*Lax All Stars rosters?!
norcalmom
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby lamo lax » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 am

They aren't out yet. Players have heard whether or not they made the team, but the complete roster hasn't been made public.
lamo lax
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby lamo lax » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:39 am

The Calilax trip to washington
Great job everyone! :mrgreen:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Jr Stealth, an all-star team comprised of the top players in the Stealth Academy, faced off against America’s first Box Lacrosse development and travel program the Cali*Lax ALL-STARS over the February 18th weekend in Everett Washington. Two age divisions, Bantam U14 and Midget U16, played in a 3 game series over 2 days.

The Stealth Academy is directed by Lewis Ratcliff, 2x World Champion and one of the game’s top offensive players.

The weekend began with the teams heading to the Comcast Arena on Friday night to witness the Washington Stealth defeat the Colorado Mammoth 20-7.

Over the next 2 days, the Midget and Bantam teams played a 3 game series. Players were treated to Paul Rabil reffing their games, a host of Stealth players on the floor and benches and an electric crowd to witness this event.

Both teams also participated in a 2 hour class room skills development session featuring Paul Rabil and about an hour presentation by him on transferable skills to the outdoor game.

The Jr Stealth Midgets swept their series 3 straight while the Cali*Lax ALL-STARS Bantams won their series 2 games to 1.

Thanks to all those who made this trip a huge success

from...http://calilax.com/?p=1385
lamo lax
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby picknroll » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks for the post lamo! That sounds like a great experience. Please keep us updated on the Cali Lax program.
picknroll

Previous

Return to General Youth