2010 NCJLA Playoffs

Re: 2010 NCJLA Playoffs

Postby picknroll » Wed May 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Yes, big congratulations to Coach Mindel and the So Marin team. Truly a class act.

I can remember all the way back to 5A when my team traveled across the bridge to play them. They beat us pretty good that day, but the thing that sticks out in my mind is what happened after the game. After the handshake I was trying to circle up my guys to talk about the game when Coach Mindel came over and asked one of my defenders his name, told him that he was a really good player, and really needed to stay with the game. I am sure Michael probably doesn't even remember doing that, but it was a tremendous act of kindness that lifted the spirit of a young boy after a crushing defeat. That same boy played as a defender on my team all the way through U15A so he followed Coach Mindel's advice to stick with it. After a big win it is so easy to get wrapped up in your own team's accomplishments, but it takes a really good coach and really good guy to stop and take the time to recognize the good in your opponent. I always enjoyed playing against Coach Mindel's team for this very reason.
picknroll

Postby picknroll » Wed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm

3rd Place games. Here's what I've got.

U15A Firehawks over Ross Valley, 13-10
U13A Crusaders over Scorpions, don't have score
U11A Scorpions over Firehawks 5-3
U15B1 Santa Cruz over Napa, 8-1
U13B1 Town over Chiefs, 8-3

Surpring lack of coverage on the NCJLA site. I would have expected a write-up by now.
picknroll

Postby frieders3 » Thu May 27, 2010 5:17 am

Santa Cruz over Napa 8-1 in U15B1 3rd/4th place game.
frieders3
1st Line
1st Line

Previous

Return to General Youth