Diablo Scorpions Lax Shootout

Diablo Scorpions Lax Shootout

Postby splitdodge19 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:12 pm

This weekend held some amazing lacrosse games. Pleasanton, Firehawks, Texas, and the Scorpions battled it out at Diablo Vista Middle School. In day 1 the Scorpions and Texas started it off with the Scorpions coming out on top 11-2. The Next game was a close one with the Firehawks beating Pleasanton 6-5. Pleasanton played very good, but the talent of the Firehawks managed to hold on with a victory. In day 2 (I didn't catch the score) but Pleasanton beat Texas. The next game, which was the championship, featured (in my opinion) the top two teams of northern california. The Firehawks were leading 7-4 at half, but the Scorpions fought hard and won 12-10. I believe we will see these teams face off in the U-15 finals down the road.
splitdodge19
Practice Player
Practice Player

Re: Diablo Scorpions Lax Shootout

Postby picknroll » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Big kudos to the Scorpion club for hosting this event! There was a pasta dinner on Saturday night for the families of all teams. First class all the way! We have some really nice people in our sport. I'm really glad to be part of it all. Also thanks to the Lonestar team from travelling from Texas as the centerpiece of the event.

Congratulations to the Scorpions. They are looking pretty strong this year. Same with the Firehawks, So Marin, and Ross Valley too. They are all looking strong. It's going to be a fun year.
picknroll

Postby WestCoastLax » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:35 pm

No doubt it was a great weekend of lacrosse with the weather to match!!!

What I think came out of the weekend was indeed it was established that the Firehawks and Scorpions are the teams to beat this year, but at the same time, on any given weekend, anyone is capable of stepping up to get the win. The championship game was sensational as the Firehawks and Scorpions battled in a thriller, but the Firewhawks-Pleasanton game was also pretty darn good, coming right down the final 6-5.

Someone said earlier this year, the Pleasanton defense will keep them in every game and that was the case in this one. In the end, Frankie Hattler was too much to handle and the Firehawks prevailed. Pleasanton also allowed only one goal against Texas Sunday morning. I think Jamirr Holland is the most dynamic player in NCJLA....

Scorpions are simply getting it done everywhere right now. The defense Aran, Niko, Mitch, Doug and company are big and fast. The middies with Tags running through the opposing defenses is solid and we know the offense has been able to score as well. Tough to stop Diablo when the ball goes behind the net....Peter Wilm does a nice job of dodging and dishing to the rest of the attack... Fun team to watch play.

A BIG THANKS - to the Scorpion families for putting the event on, as well as the dinner saturday night which was a load of fun!!!!
WestCoastLax
1st Line
1st Line

Postby numbersman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:42 pm

One small correction" its Stephen Wilm, and I agree he looks very good. To my eye he is the most complete player on the Scorps offense, able to drive, dish and score with both hands. He is a playmaker.
What if the hokey-pokey IS what its all about?
numbersman
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Postby WestCoastLax » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks for the information numbersman! get the names mixed up sometimes....he's very talented for sure. Personally, I favor Tags more, but you can't go wrong with either one of them!
WestCoastLax
1st Line
1st Line

Postby scorps96 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:56 pm

It was a great weekend. All the teams were very competitive and good. Thanks to Texas for coming out here we really appreciate it. The scorps played well the offense was cranking while the defense played very strong. The defenders Doug Strazza, Arron Roberts, Matt Peter, Nico, and Mitch had good games. Tags, wilm, jerry k., brett I. all had great games too. I cant wait to see how the season will play out. Also nice job to the firehawks with frankie, kodiac, Shawn, and company for playing good games.
scorps96

Return to General Youth