Big Under-15 tournaments

Re: Big Under-15 tournaments

Postby Domer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 am

Thanks for the perspective SkylineCoach. You point out some things I hadn't thought about.

Grammar school amongst my generation where I grew up was anything before high school. I guess that's showing my age but my opinion holds true even if we are talking about nearly fully grown, mature, 14 year old adolescents.

Also, I fail to see the logic of how having their best players travel elsewhere to play somehow makes a club better?
Domer
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby SkylineCoach » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 pm

It doesn't make the Club better with regard to that specific player. But that club is certainly likely to notice he's gone, and ask themselves why. From there, you start to work on figuring out how to retain him - or the next 10 like him - in the future. That's where Clubs evolve from recreational to competitive... and start tightening up their coaching, their practices, their tryouts, sending kids to camps & select teams, fielding A teams. It is a tough road at first, but definitely worth it in the long run.
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby PDJ » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:37 pm

This thread was hijacked away from the tournaments topic to recruiting and club development. I opened a new thread for those other topics.
PDJ
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby picknroll » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 pm

We've had some good posts about the So Marin and Diablo events over the last two weekends, but I know that several other scrimmage games have been going on. I'd be interested in hearing how the other teams are looking in those games. Any reports?
picknroll

Previous

Return to General Youth