Box Lacrosse Academy Youth Indoor League

Re: Box Lacrosse Academy Youth Indoor League

Postby picknroll » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:06 am

Nice 3 minute video of championship weekend at Silver Creek.

http://www.youtube.com/user/boxlarules#p/u/0/4wJCvI96P24

Pleasanton Hurricanes (U13 champs) in White.
Monterey Tribe (U13 runner up) in Green.
San Jose Vipers (U15 champs) in Black.
West Valley Red Hawks (U15 runner up) in Red.
picknroll

Re: Box Lacrosse Academy Youth Indoor League

Postby picknroll » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Some interesting follow up on this league. The age definitions for this box league don't exactly match up with our Spring outdoor season, but I know enough about the teams to figure out mostly where they are now:

- The Crusdaers U13 Box team is mostly playing on the Crusaders U13A team. The Crusaders U13A are 11-0 and are the surprise team of U13A. They are the poster child for improving your team offseason through box lacrosse.

- The Pleasanton U13 Box team was a hybrid of young U15A players and older U13A players. The Pleasanton U15A team is 10-3. The Pleasanton U13A team is 8-5.

- The Pleasanton U15 Box team is mostly now playing on the Pleasanton U15B1 team. That is one of the stronger teams in U15B1 at 10-3.

- The Monterey Tribe U13 Box team is mostly playing on the Monterey U15B1 team that is 6-2.

- The Red Hawks U15 Box team is mostly playing on the Red Hawks U15A team that is 6-5. A few more poles would make this Red Hawks team dangerous. The offensive guys that played box are really good.

So that's a combined record of 51-18 (74% wins) for that group of teams that really embraced the fall box program. I had a feeling I was seeing some good lacrosse last fall. The spring performance of these players & teams confirms it!
picknroll

Previous

Return to General Youth