Amador Valley-Head Coach-Boys Lacrosse

Post coaching vacancies, tips, practice techniques and questions.

Amador Valley-Head Coach-Boys Lacrosse

Postby PupCoach » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:31 pm

From Laxpower - Coaching Position Available

School: Amador Valley High School
City: Pleasanton, CA
Position: Boys Lacrosse - Varsity Head Coach
Coaching-Only Position.

Solid group of assistant coaches, team managers, boosters, and parents. Very strong youth feeder program (Pleasanton Lacrosse Club) with a pipeline of highly skilled players. Consistently a highly ranked & competitive program with a very competitive EBAL (East Bay Athletic League) game schedule in Northern California. Expect to extend season into NCS (North Coast Section-CIF) Division 1 playoffs. 2012 game schedule already in place including Spring Break trip to play top teams in Southern California.

Salary: Stipend Available
Name: Lou Cesario, Athletic Director
Email: lcesario@pleasanton.k12.ca.us
Let it Rip!
PupCoach
1st Line
1st Line

Re: Amador Valley-Head Coach-Boys Lacrosse

Postby Billax » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:40 am

Rory,
I'm deeply saddened that you're leaving Amador Valley. You've contributed so much to Northern California Lacrosse in your long career. I often think back to your sponsorship of a Lorne Smith coaching session - sponsored by the PLC - to which you graciously invited many youth coaches from competitor clubs. It set an ongoing tone for all of NorCal lacrosse - one of honoring the game, growing the game, and improving our common ability to teach the game. You transcended competitive advantage for the greater good of the game. That was followed by yet other selfless acts, such as your contributions to coaching NorCal's Vail travel teams when our best, most talented players had their best - and only - opportunity to test themselves against players outside our little community. You, perhaps more than anyone I know, showed that small band of early players, parents, and fans what 'For love of the game' meant. There was a moment, just a brief one perhaps, when NorCal lacrosse embodied an ideal - Honor the Game - more completely than any other region of the country. In my mind, you were, and remain, a beacon, teaching us all how to behave and what to believe in. Those memories and those values stick with me. I lived through that magical moment as a parent, a Youth Coach, and a fan. I'm a better person for it, and I thank you.

Your contributions to our community often included tactical and strategic methods and techniques, for which you are well known. I remember asking Wil Chuch, one of your many well-selected Captains, why AV often placed its LSMs on the far side of the field for Face Offs, when everyone else had them nearest the box. "It takes longer for the LSM to get off the field from the far side on a clean win by your FO guy, doesn't it?" said ill-informed me. "Not so," said Wil, "Coach Manley timed it both ways and it's slightly faster to get the LSM off from the far side, because he doesn't have to come to a dead stop and turn around." I knew then that you were someone who would test and measure conventional ideas, searching to find the best, when the better was good enough for most.

You've been an exemplar and a role model to our entire community.

Thank you,
Bill
Sports don't build character, they reveal it. - Heywood Broun
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby picknroll » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Well said Bill.

We'll all miss you, coach! You set a fire under all of us that I hope we can keep burning.
picknroll

Postby PupCoach » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:53 am

Eric McVey has been promoted as the new Boys Lacrosse Head Coach at Amador Valley. Eric is an AV lacrosse alumni that played and coached at Chico State. Eric has been AV's Defensive Coach the last 2-years.
Let it Rip!
PupCoach
1st Line
1st Line

Return to Coaching and Training