Jesuit Lacrosse Classic

Leagues, camps, and tournaments.

Jesuit Lacrosse Classic

Postby Billax » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:40 am

I recently read that the famed Jesuit Lacrosse Classic, which was founded fifteen years ago by two brothers, will move from Washington, DC to Houston, Texas. The brothers - one of whom coached Lacrosse at Georgetown Prep while the other coached at Gonzaga Prep - felt that lacrosse players who attended Jesuit schools had much in common. So, for fourteen years, they invited lacrosse-playing Jesuit High School teams to attend a three-day tournament in Washington, DC. It has long been a great event. Turns out, neither of the brothers coaches lacrosse any longer, so the Jesuit Lacrosse Classic was ripe to move to a different venue. Strake Jesuit, in Houston, Texas, picked up the baton and the Tournament will continue uninterrupted, albeit with a Texas flavor.

Why does this matter to a forum about Northern California Lacrosse? Well, we have three lacrosse playing Jesuit High Schools in Northern California: Saint Ignatius College Prep in San Francisco, Bellarmine College Prep in San Jose, and Jesuit High School of Sacramento in, er, Sacramento. Being the inquiring (read nosy) person I am, I contacted Anthony Muniz, an Athletic Director at Strake Jesuit and inquired if any of our NorCal schools had been invited. He gave me the following list of invitees. I put their 2010 LaxPower ratings in parentheses.

• Fordham Prep - Bronx, NY (91.95)
• Gonzaga Prep - Washington, DC (98.57)
• Dallas Jesuit - Dallas, TX (93.98)
• Tampa Jesuit - Tampa, FL ((91.36)
• Rockhurst Jesuit - Kansas City, MO (95.96)
• Saint Louis University Jesuit High School - Saint Louis, MO (92.67)
• Saint Ignatius - Chicago, IL (85.87)
• Saint Ignatius Prep - San Francisco, CA (99.03)
• Strake Jesuit - Houston, TX (93.60)

Of course, being invited doesn't mean any of these schools can - or will - attend, but it's always nice to be asked to the dance! The Tournament will take place in Houston on March 18,19, and 20. Seems like it'll be a great time for those players whose schools can attend.
Sports don't build character, they reveal it. - Heywood Broun
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Re: Jesuit Lacrosse Classic

Postby Billax » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Si's lacrosse schedule was publicly released a few days ago and the Wildcat's will, indeed, be traveling to Houston to participate in the 15th annual Jesuit Lacrosse Classic to be held on March 18,19, and 20. SI's three games will be as follows:
March 18th 2PM versus Strake Jesuit - Houston, TX
March 19th 10AM versus Saint Ignatius - Chicago, IL
March 19th 2PM Saint Louis University HS - Saint Louis , MO

This will be the greatest distance SI Lacrosse will have traveled to a Lacrosse event in my memory. Should be a great experience for the Wildcats!
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby Billax » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 am

Saint Ignatius went 2-1 in the Jesuit Lacrosse Classic. The Wildcats defeated Strake Jesuit of Houston and Saint Louis University High School handily and lost to Gonzaga Prep of Washington, DC.

Here's a picture of some SI fans between games. If one could bottle this gene pool, it would produce some amazing lacrosse players!
Texas- SI parents.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby terpcard » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:21 am

what was the score of the Gonzaga game?
terpcard
Fan
Fan

Postby Billax » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:06 pm