2nd Annual 21 Run West 5K (George Boiardi)

Leagues, camps, and tournaments.

2nd Annual 21 Run West 5K (George Boiardi)

Postby LacrosseforLIFE » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Please join us Saturday, August 21, 2010, in celebrating the life of Mario St. George Boiardi (#21) at the "21 Run West 5K". A senior lacrosse captain and exceptional student at Cornell University, George was on the path toward becoming a teacher on the Rosebud Reservation in South Dakota with Teach for America before he passed away in a lacrosse contest on March 17, 2004.

REGISTER NOW!

Lacrosse for LIFE is honored to be selected as one of the recipients of this fundraiser. Having suffered the loss of our co-founder,
we know the importance of remembering our loved ones.

"This year is the 2nd Annual 21 Run-West in San Francisco and will be in 2 weeks on Saturday August 21st. It’s a great event in the name of a great man, George Boiardi, who passed away on the field while playing in a lacrosse game for Cornell University. The proceeds from the run/walk also benefit San Francisco’s Lacrosse for LIFE which is an awesome cause if you’re not familiar with it!

I wanted to include you and your players in this great opportunity and would love your support in any way possible. I’m a little late getting this e-mail out but hopefully some of your players have interest in putting together a “21 Run Team” for the event. Last year we had a team from St. Ignatius and University HS and we were hoping to expand it to more HS teams this year.

Hoping to make it into more of a fun local competition this year and although it may only be a few “teams” in year two we’ll have t-shirts for the team champions this year. We’ll also have a raffle afterwards for all the participants with some lax gloves, Cornell gear, restaurant gift certificates, LAXFU t-shirts, and Oakley Thumps (MP3 player sunglasses).

The team/group entry says “up to 15 members” but let me know if your team wants to enter more participants and I’ll make it happen. No problem. We also had the girls lacrosse team from SI out last year as well so if you know any girls lacrosse coaches or players who may be interested as well, please forward on.

Thanks in advance for your support! I love how you have all grown the sport of lacrosse in San Francisco and the surrounding area!".

http://boiardifoundation.org/events/21-run-west/
http://21runsanfrancisco.eventbrite.com/

Regards,

Colin Crawford
Cornell Lacrosse ‘02
21 Run-West San Francisco, Event Director
Colin.C.Crawford@gmail.com
21RunSanFrancisco@gmail.com
(626) 806-5097 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (626) 806-5097      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
LacrosseforLIFE
Practice Player
Practice Player

Return to Events