Defense Shafts

Defense Shafts

Postby CNd-pole » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:56 pm

Hey what do you guys think is a good quality defense shaft? I had the warrior diamond but i broke it so im using my spare AL6000 but it is a pig, what would you recommend that is light and fairly strong but not budget breaking?
hips hips hips!!
CNd-pole
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby MenloKnight » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:21 am

whatever brine changed the name from the F-15 to. Those things are great and I'd highly recomend it. They take a lot of punishment and return the favor too.
Big Plays call for Big Guys
MenloKnight
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby LaxCat21 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:49 pm

Go with titanium- anything else is going to break or be really heavy.

The best titanium long poles are made by stx- they last the longest
LaxCat21
All Star
All Star

Postby Highheat » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:20 pm

while i find that is true, i also find that stx titanium is heavier than most other titaniums that i've fealt. It will save you money, but it might slow your stick down a tad.
"Go big or go home"
Highheat
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby DlaxDad » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Hey, Cnd, my son is using a Warrior diamond (and, coincidentally, has an STX 6000 series as his back up, and it's quite a bit heavier), but I have to ask -- how do you break a titanium stick? And what happened to the other guy . . . .
DlaxDad

broken diamond

Postby CNd-pole » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:08 pm

yeah well its funny how those things happen.... i was playing and our defense wasn't sliding so i got pissed and smacked the ground.. not hard just lightly and the shaft gave way and broke under my hand. I don't think the diamond is titanium, its an alloy... one thing about warrior is there is no warrenty on thier titanium defense handles
hips hips hips!!
CNd-pole
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby DlaxDad » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:40 pm

Well, I guess as long as my guy doesn't hit his sister or twin brother with it we'll be OK, although if you can break the stick on the ground I wonder whether it's not at risk from checking.
DlaxDad

Postby Highheat » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:36 pm

Titanium shafts do break, and on a pretty normal basis. Especially a titanium D-shaft is much more susceptible to breaking as it is much longer and has a much larger surface area for contact, etc. Yes, titanium shafts will generally last longer than other shafts, but that doesn't mean they don't break; they do, and they will.
"Go big or go home"
Highheat
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby DlaxDad » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:39 pm

So how long is it fair to expect a d-shaft to last? My wallet wants to know.

Also, does anyone know of non-retail sources of equipment? I bought my son's spare shaft and a head on eBay. Both new, both closeout items -- there were many available. eBay doesn't usually have top quality stuff available at auction, though.
DlaxDad

Postby Grizz » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:55 pm

The Boy is on his 4th Warrior Titan Pro D pole, one for each year of HS ball. Before the titanium handles, he broke a few alloy handles. He is about 6-1, 190 and plays year around and has attend from three to six camps/clinics a year, so they get a lot of hard use. Each year, the handles have been bent (not creased) and have their share of dents. He may not have had to get a new one, but it is better to be safe than sorry. So he got a new one and the old one goes in the bag as backup. He gives his old poles to youth lacrosse players.

Online stores are usually cheaper than retail, but you can’t compare or try them out on line.
Last edited by Grizz on Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizz
Forum Father
Forum Father

Next

Return to Gear and Equipment