Game Film

Game Film

Postby patrick24espor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi everyone, I am interested to know what if any methods coaches are using to view game film. Is it your standard VHS fast forward and rewind, or is the technology increasing in Lacrosse the same as in many other sports. Any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated.
patrick24espor

Re: Game Film

Postby Billax » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Welcome to the Forum patrick24espor. I asked this very question to two Ivy League coaches this summer and both answered that they prefer to watch player videos that are online. However, DlaxDad, in his recruiting series notes that some coaches have told him they prefer DVDs, since they have limited internet bandwidth at their primary viewing locations. VHS tape seems to have gone the way of the Edsel and is hardly ever used by college coaches. I saw stacks of DVDs - hundreds of them - in the offices of Ivy lax coaches, but coaches at both schools said they preferred to get a URL from players and watch online.

Hope that helps.
Sports don't build character, they reveal it. - Heywood Broun
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby patrick24espor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Billax. Awesome thanks for the input it was exactly what I was looking for. I am currently a marketing intern with ESpor the company that is linked below. I am trying to get a heads up on the other interns so that it can turn into a full time position. ESpor actually does exactly what the two coaches you mentioned want in their game film. Do you think that coaches are going to be switching more to products like ESpor in the future? Or is the standard way of DVD etc. still going to dominate. I know with ESpor they are just beginning to catch on with some pretty big time programs, and I believe this is the way all coaches will be heading in the future. You can check out the link below if you want to see exactly what kind of products I am talking about. Your feedback again is greatly appreciated.
patrick24espor

Postby DlaxDad » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:39 pm

I think that on line highlights are superior because of instant, one click accessibility, and the absence of any need for storeage for the piles of DVDs. We went with an on line highlights and resume service that I think is terrific. Nevertheless, as Billax mentions, we had three of seven coaches we visited during our small college spring tour tell us they'd like us to send a DVD with highlights.

No requests for tape.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DlaxDad

Postby patrick24espor » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:42 am

DlaxDad wrote:I think that on line highlights are superior because of instant, one click accessibility, and the absence of any need for storeage for the piles of DVDs. We went with an on line highlights and resume service that I think is terrific. Nevertheless, as Billax mentions, we had three of seven coaches we visited during our small college spring tour tell us they'd like us to send a DVD with highlights.

No requests for tape.

Wirh that being said DlaxDad. Do you think a product like ESpor that is a sports software program is the future of what coaches are going to be looking for for game film purposes. For both recruitment as well as for evaluating their team and opponents play. If you want to see exactly what I mean you can click on the ESpor link to check out the program I am talking about. It is the Official ESpor website.

Patrick Carr
ESpor: Game Changin Technology for Sports
www.espor.com
patrick24espor

Return to Gear and Equipment