D-stick

D-stick

Postby baller74 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Looking for the lightest total d-stick possible. Don't care about the durability or strength of the shaft but the head must be stiff. Right now i have an adidas excel which is ridiculously light. If thats not the lightest tell me. Also, what head would be really light so the stick isn't lopsided but is also really stiff for poking a sich. (South Park)
baller74
Fan
Fan

Re: D-stick

Postby laxboss25 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:12 pm

if you want a light shaft i would go for the stx titanium 60" shaft, and throw a brine answer head on it, any titanium shaft will be light, and durable, you just have to be willing to pay alot for the shaft, but keep in mind that it will get a lot of use, so dont go cheap, i bought a ridiculously light brine ignite(original) long pole, it snapped in my first summer league game i ever used it in, i then bought the much heavier gait triax 7000 and i must say its the best shaft ive ever used, i have had it for 3 years of travel and ncjla ball and i dont have a single dent.
laxboss25
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby baller74 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 pm

but if i were to throw aside durability and i dont care if it snaps in the first game I use it in, what shaft should i use. and isnt the answer the most flimsy and flexible head you can buy?
baller74
Fan
Fan

Postby SkylineCoach » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Search eBay for "STX crankshaft lacrosse" and you'll find dozens for under $20, usually including shipping. They are very light and have a nice fine texture so you don't need any (heavy) tape either. The 2* bend is fine for most heads, or you can just cut it off (you only lose 1.5") and drill a new hole.

A quick look even found a set of 5 longpoles for a Buy It Now of $119.

You might want the 5, most of the crankshaft longsticks I've seen have had a game life of under 2. But it sort of sounds like that's what you're looking for...
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby baller74 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:17 pm

any advice on a light, stiff head because nothing feels worse in my opinion than a light shaft with a heavy head.
baller74
Fan
Fan

Postby SkylineCoach » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:11 am

I like the Gait Torque Pro. I use it on my Talon Protector (the lighter one of the Talon longpoles) and its very well-balanced.
SkylineCoach
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby baller74 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:55 pm

how light is the gait torque pro?
baller74
Fan
Fan

Postby Chris Topez » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:40 am

Any type of stick is available in market but i have on resource for any type of sport equipments.

Thanks
Chris

lacrosse equipment ; http://www.sportstop.com/Mens-Lacrosse-Equipment
and lacrosse sticks ; lacrosse sticks http://www.sportstop.com/Mens-Lacrosse- ... ete-Sticks
------------------------------------------
Business is a combination of war and sport.
Chris Topez
Fan
Fan

Return to Gear and Equipment