Rhinoskin?

Rhinoskin?

Postby jaydub » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:04 pm

I don't like playing all armored up, but I'm not interested in a broken collarbone either. Any experiences or opinions on Brine's stuff?
jaydub
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby quickstick » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:36 pm

I use Rhinoskin for indoor where fewer checks come down from the top and no long poles. I am using Reebok shoulder pasds for the 30+ league. Long poles coming down from the top and I have already had one shoulder surgery.
When I make a great play it is because my opponent made me do so.
quickstick
All Star
All Star

Postby slingman » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:09 pm

its an ok product. i used it a couple times. great for occasional use but bad for practice everyday. they start to smell
slingman
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby backdoor » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:43 pm

I just got the new McDavid Hexpads. They have some drawbacks but overall very pleased with them. They're the thinest pads I've seen and they're very flexable, conforming to the body. But, they are very snug and take a little getting used to. According to the sizing chart online I should have been a large, so naturally I ordered an XL and they're still tough to get on and off.

But I feel much more mobile in them and happy that I have them. I ordered black for some dumb reason and I think they have white.
backdoor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 2LaxFeet » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:07 pm

Was thinking about going without shoulder pads for 30+ league, but better not now. Unless I wear one of my kids pads, which would be like wearing a smelling salt lei, better head to slingit and get outfitted. Will get you some feedback after the trip.
2LaxFeet
All Star
All Star

Postby tioem » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:07 pm

I went with some shoulder pads that are beefier than I wanted, but I have one crap shoulder, and two snapped collar bones under my belt.
tioem
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby 2LaxFeet » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:39 am

Kids gave me the Warrior Ultralyte 2.5 for Father's day, which feels pretty good once you take the upper arm guards off. They are thin but should do the job depending on how serious the 30+ gets.

Recommend suiting all up with everything and throw a bit before coming out this Friday. Just adding gloves changes things.
2LaxFeet
All Star
All Star

Postby Grizz » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Don't forget your cup. :oops:
If its worth doing, its worth abusing.
Grizz
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby backdoor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:38 am

I have an update on the McDavid Hexpad. After playing about twice a week over the summer, I don't think I'd recommend them. They are very thin and flexible but they do not handle sweat very well and they are the stinkiest things on this planet. I tried washing them each time but they stink right away once you sweat.

Some of the guys in the East Bay masters league this summer commented on the smell many times.

I thought something died in my garage after the first few times I wore them.

I posted on the McDavid web site and here is what their moderator responded:

"HexPad shirts and shorts are essentially underwear. I don't know about you but I sweat when I'm active. Now this may just be a personal preference but I like to wash my clothes after I sweat in them."

My last pair of shoulder pads I never once washed and after 10 years of use, they didn't even come close to what these things smelled like.
backdoor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DlaxDad » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey, I think that explains why you were always getting by me this summer. I'd black out and when I regained consciousness, you were gone . . . :lol:
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DlaxDad

Next

Return to Gear and Equipment