Cascade Pro7 Helmet

Cascade Pro7 Helmet

Postby LaxinLivermore » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:33 am

When KO recieved his new Pro7 Helmet for his birthday last week I didn't see the NOCSAE safety certified white stamp of approval on the back of the helmet in it's usual location; the 4 other various color Cascade helmets he has, include a very visible white stamp in the middle on the back of the helmet. Having recently completed a number of US Lacrosse and other coaching training programs that indicated that this certification is required for youth lacrosse, I was concerned that Cascade had delivered a helmet he could not use. I looked inside, under all of the padding and did not see the white seal of approval. So I called Cascade...without a hesitation the gal on the other end asked if I had the helmet, "yes" I answered. She said "look at the back of the helmet". "Okay" I said, thinking I just did this and it's not where it supposed to be. She said "look to the lower right and you will see some writing". As I look I see that they have reduced the size of the stamp and it is no longer white but is pressed in to the helmet just under the ear. "Oh" I said, "Thank you" :oops: . So for any others that read this, referees, parents, coaches or players, hopefully it will save you the time; the NOCSAE certification stamp is there just not obvious or easily visible.

Oh and BTW, KO says it's the most comfortable helmet he has.
LaxinLivermore
All Star
All Star

Postby top shooter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:45 pm

I just ordered one!
=D>
All White with Chrome Mask.
Southern Marin 8A #18
Nor Cal U-15 2007 #25
BraveHeart 2012 #33
top shooter
All Star
All Star

Postby PAPirate » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:48 am

We got the pro7's as a team, but most of my teammates prefer the cpx's so we went back to those. The pro7's seem to be much more protective, but for guys like me with large heads they can be uncomfortable to wear for too long.
Stevenson Pirates Lax
UNC Lax #2
PAPirate
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby go bells » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:17 am

Yeah our team got some too. just to put it on and take it off, you have to pull the sides out to fit your head in. other than that pretty light, but definitely feels much more protective than the cpx.
go bells
All Star
All Star

Return to Gear and Equipment