K-18 pads

K-18 pads

Postby Laxer4life » Mon May 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Any opinions on the line of K-18 pads. Are they worth buying?
Do or do not, there is no try.
Laxer4life
1st Line
1st Line

Postby LaxDaddy's Kid » Tue May 22, 2007 12:57 pm

I know a couple attack/midfielders who use the K18 arm guards and love the range of motion as well as the protection. On top of that they look rather nice. Obviously, the price is somewhat of a draw back...
LaxDaddy's Kid
All Star
All Star

Postby CNd-pole » Thu May 24, 2007 10:49 pm

my coach is friends with Kyle Harrison so he brought the whole line to practice one day, the arm pads were cool but I have to say the gloves are SICK! like they are awesome, a couple kids on my team have them, and i am getting a pair, they run kinda small though, so id check them out in person
hips hips hips!!
CNd-pole
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby rapidfireguy » Sat May 26, 2007 5:28 pm

i saw a pic of a guy wearing the arm guards and the elbow cap was literally shattered, which could pose a hazard to him and other players, so thats probly something to consider.
EAT-SLEEP-PLAY. THE FIRST TWO ARE OPTIONAL.
rapidfireguy
All Star
All Star

8/24

Postby laxin94526 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:56 am

One advantage with the the K18 arm guards is they go up higher on the upper arm. If you (like many kids) remove the upper arm pads from your chest protecter it leaves you with a big unprotected area. The K18's cover some of that area. The K18 chest protecters are very light weight and cover alot of your body. The only draw back I noticed was in the range of motion. It is somewhat restricting to put your arms stright above your head. My advise to STX is to expand the availabe sizes of the K18 gear to include adult small. Most parents would spend a few extra bucks if it offers better protection for the player (saftey first). Also, I hear STX will have the new G22 line available by the end of the year (Gary Gait 22). They look awesome. They are made out of a cool new space age foam material. The chest protector is much lighter than any other one I have seen. The foam material does not absorb sweat so it stays the same weight all game. Most pads get heavier during the game with your sweat. This should also help them from smelling funky after a few games.
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

news flash

Postby laxin94526 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Just wanted to add to my previous post that the east bay has a new lacrosse equipment store. The Sling It Lacrosse company has grown to three locations with its new Alamo store (Mt. View and Las Vegas). The store is still getting set up but is open for business. I hope the east bay lacrosse community appreciate having them here in our valley and send business there way.
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Return to Gear and Equipment