Computers say there will be some good games tonight.

Computers say there will be some good games tonight.

Postby Grampa Lax » Fri May 12, 2017 3:01 pm

The Lax power computers say there will be some very good and competitive games in tonight's Quarterfinal of the NCS.

Game 1
Oak Ridge seeded #8 10-5 PR of 96.22 and SRV seeded #1 PR 99.06. The computers 's pick SRV by 7.

Oak Ridge is in my opinion the best team from Sacramento. They lost the first three games of the season to Monte vista, De la Salle and Amador Vally ALL by only one goal. They beat Davis twice at the end of season convincingly 14-6 and 11-5. They lost to Granite Bay by only two 11-13.The Trojans are peaking.

SRV however will be at home and is the top seed for a reason with convincing wins over rivals DLS 17-6, Monte vista 16-4 , Amador Valley 15-6. and Redwood 15-4. They also beat Southern Cal favorite and undefeated at the time Torrey Pines 7-6 in OT. Their only bad loss was in their first game to St Ignatius. I think that spread is about right.

Game 2
Redwood seeded # 6 15-7 PR 95.29 at Monte Vista seeded #3 13-7 PR 96.26 The computer's pick MV by 5

Redwood has been very inconsistent. They have some quality wins twice over Marin Catholic, Acalanes, and most of the weaker Marin schools. They lost to DLS 11-6, SRV 15-4, Bellermine ,Sacred heart Prep and to Granite Bay by 11-6. They barely eked out a 7-6 win in the first round over 11 seed Jesuit Sacramento.

Monte Vista after losing to both DLS and badly to SRV will be out to right the ship. Expect a win for Monte Vista and think again the spread is right on.

Game 3
Marin Catholic seeded #7 13-8 PR 95.5 at De La Salle seeded #2 15-4.PR 96.8 Computer's pick De La Salle by 2

I like both these teams. DLS beat MV at the end of the season in OT 7-6 but completely dominated the stats. They then turned around and played the number 1 team in Calif St Ignatius tough losing only 7-5. They deserved the number 2 seed..

Having said that I like Marin Catholic. They are always tough in the playoffs . After winning Div 2 for three year in a row they move to Div 1. They have a great coach in Matt Ogelsby. They will be primed and ready. They have only a bad loss to Granite Bay 15-7 during the regular season. In the regular season there was a close loss to DLS 3-4 and the Cats played SRV tough jumping out to a 3-0 lead but running out of gas in the second half and losing 4-7.This could be an upset pick but think DLS is peaking . I'll stick with the computer, Spartans by 2.

Game 4
Amador Valley seeded # 5 15-4 PR 96.9 and Granite Bay seeded #4 13-4 96.9.Computers have this a virtual toss up but give GB a 1 goal advantage.

I Agree a very close game. Granite Bay continues to be ranked high by the computers. GB did win head to head over Amador 13-12 early in the season. Amador has a very solid resume including an early season win over DLS. 13-12. and a win over Oak Ridge 13-12. GB had a late loss to Davis and their first round win over Clayton Valley 15-7 is suspect. They were tied 4-4 at the half. As I indicated previously right now I think Oak Ridge is the best team in Sacramento.

A tough game to call but I'll pick the Dons by 2. Gotta break from the darn computer someplace. Hope some of you if you are attending these really good games can report back. Some solid lacrosse will be played this weekend for sure.
Last edited by Grampa Lax on Sat May 13, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Re: Computers say there will be some good games tonight.

Postby thatfaceoffguy » Fri May 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Just a FYI.

Amador Valley and Granite Bay will face-off tomorrow night at 7pm @ AVHS. I believe the time and date change is due to the Amador Girl's Lacrosse team hosting a game tonight at 7pm.
thatfaceoffguy
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby Grampa Lax » Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 pm

On a cold miserable night the Wolves are having a very impressive game. It was 3-1 after the first Quarter, 5-1 at the half and they now lead as the third quarter comes to a close 12-1. The defense is just sufocating. They will move on to the semifinals against either Granite Bay or Amador Valley who play tomorrow. Hope it will warm up. Where is our Spring weather for the playoffs ?Brrrr

final SRV 15-2 over Oak Ridge.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Grampa Lax » Fri May 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Advised that Monte vista won their game tonight. Not surprised to hear that De la Salle and Main Catholic are in over time. Wow hope someone who was there will advise about the final score and about the game.
Last edited by Grampa Lax on Fri May 12, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Grampa Lax » Fri May 12, 2017 8:50 pm

DLS wins in overtime 6-5 Wow! MV 11-6 over Redwood . Computers pretty accurate. We will see if picking against the computer tonight with the Granite Bay/ Amador Valley game was smart.
So MV vs DLS in one semifinal. An all EBAL semifinal next Wednesday? Who do u like ?
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Grampa Lax » Sun May 14, 2017 1:30 am

Yep its all EBAL in the other semifinal next Wednesday!

Amador Valley 11- Granite Bay 8. SRV will be hosting the Dons at San Ramon next Week at 7pm.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby rolax » Sun May 14, 2017 1:59 am

Looks like the NCS committee seeded the teams in both divisions pretty accurately.

Can Amador or the winner of DLS and MV challenge SRV? SRV seems to be in a class of their own.
rolax
Fan
Fan

Postby cdlax925 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Campolindo outed Marin Academy tonight 13-12. Went up until the last seconds (literally) when Campolindo's #18 did a legendary gillman. Congratulations to the Cougars, an NCS tittle not to long ago seemed like an impossible feat. Props to the campo squad for their hard work and props to Marin Academy who put on a show tonight. Fantastic game.

Finally, I am not surprised with Campolindo's performance these past few years. I've been following this group like a hawk for the past 4 years when I made this prediction viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3560
Glad to see they have a tittle to back up the talk.
cdlax925

Return to High School