Jon Christmas to coach De La Salle HS.

Jon Christmas to coach De La Salle HS.

Postby motiv8orr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Jonathan Christmas to take over for Bob O'Meara

http://www.ibabuzz.com/prepcorner/2015/ ... ob-omeara/
motiv8orr
All Star
All Star

Re: Jon Christmas to coach De La Salle HS.

Postby turfdawgies » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:41 pm

so do we think this is gonna work out? JC certainly has a nice resume...
turfdawgies
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby laxisle » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Big shoes to fill. Will be fun to watch. Has his work cut out for him. Watched some of his SM teams when he came out to play the scorps-good demeanor with the kids. Think his youth teams struggled a bit, but who knows what's behind that.
laxisle

Postby shortstick » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:02 am

I have known Jon for several years and have hired him and his team to run summer camps and clinics many times. Jon is a first class guy and a very hard worker that, in my opinion connects and meshes best with high school age players. Last year he moved his lacrosse business to the east bay and with a young child probably looks to buy a house and have a yard like most young families. Locking down a nice job at DLS and competing in EBAL is a good fit both professionally as well as personally for him. I expect him to build on the success that DLS LAX has experienced. His hire certainly doesn't make it any easier for the other EBAL teams. Having Jon active in the east bay and running more camps and clinics in the Tri Valley area such as the one he held last weekend will only help to strengthen and grow LAX here. Good luck to Jon until the AV game comes around this spring. :lol:
shortstick
1st Line
1st Line

Postby Grampa Lax » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Seems like a great fit for DLS. Last year the Spartans suffered a down year and their JV's were also mediocre. It might take a while for this team to get back to a championship level. The team with the most horses returning in the EBAL is Monte Vista. Think they would be the favorite in the league next year to win it all. SRV has a solid defense returning but graduation took a heavy toll as the Wolves lost two of their starting attack and all their first line middies. Maybe also a challenge from Amador next year.

Importantly Monte Vista will also have a new coach which has been rumored to be the coach at BOD. If so he or some other lucky guy will inherit a very good team. Does anyone have information on the new coach of the Mustangs?
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby coastlaxer » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:20 pm

De La Salle is the Wild Card within the EBAL and for the NCS title this year. They didn't lose to many players from last year, and will have plenty of talent returning to the team. A couple to point out are:
Ben Allen/Defense: Marquette
John Burke/Defense
Brook Rideau/Midfield: Ohio State
Jackson Thuma/Attack:Denison
Brook will most likely lead DLS in the offense, Ben Allen will anchor defense along side with John Burke(Replacing Mitch Olinger ND) and Sean Rigley. Also I've heard from sources a few new players will join the program. Some questions to think about when looking at the De La Salle team this year are; Who is gonna be in cage having goalie issues last year, the attack/midfield line up, and how the lack of stick skills could affect the team. They are no doubt the most athletic and physical but lack lacrosse IQ and fundamentals in some of their players. They should be a good contender for the championship this year against EBAL rivals Monte Vista and SRV.
coastlaxer
Fan
Fan

Postby laxtruth » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:51 am

Going to be interesting to see how this team plays.
Last edited by laxtruth on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
laxtruth
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby shortstick » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Colin and Jonny Christmas on the same sidelines? That should be pretty entertaining. I know them both well. They each are excellent coaches and teachers however their coaching styles couldn't be more different. I don't think I can come up with the words to explain how different their coaching styles are. Maybe Jekyll and Hyde differences? :shock:

If this is true I am really interested to see how this all plays out.
shortstick
1st Line
1st Line

Postby laxtruth » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:20 pm

A lot of people are.

"If this is true I am really interested to see how this all plays out."
Last edited by laxtruth on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
laxtruth
Practice Player
Practice Player

Postby carrera » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: Colin Knightly...this was posted on his Instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/7ndpNRGv4Q/
carrera
1st Line
1st Line

Next

Return to High School