Best NorCal high school players (2015)

Best NorCal high school players (2015)

Postby laxrat » Wed May 27, 2015 8:18 am

Similar to RoyalBlueLax's thread last year, who do you guys think are the best in NorCal this year now that both D1 and D2 NCS are over?
laxrat
Fan
Fan

Re: Best NorCal high school players (2015)

Postby carrera » Wed May 27, 2015 12:55 pm

I haven't seen many games this year. So I'll just start this off with two "no brainer" names from the Acalanes-MC game - Adrian Jeffries (Acalanes) and Jack Horan (MC).

Shane Kunst in goal for MC sure looked like one of the "best", but that was the only time I've seen him play.

Others can add more.
carrera
1st Line
1st Line

Postby laxrat » Wed May 27, 2015 3:18 pm

carrera wrote:Shane Kunst in goal for MC sure looked like one of the "best", but that was the only time I've seen him play.

Shane for sure. He had 27 saves against Peidmonts high powered offense in the NCS semi's
laxrat
Fan
Fan

Postby Grampa Lax » Sat May 30, 2015 7:21 am

The all league teams for the Eastbay should be published soon for the EBAL, DVAL and the DFAL ( they came out on May 28 last year). I would expect SRV's Austin French of the D1 champion Wolves to be named most valuable player for the EBAL which had in Div 1 four of its teams in the final four. Austin was the leading scorer and the heart and soul of the Wolves 18-2 season. He is also probably the leading candidate for the same honor for All Nor Cal when it is published by the CCC times later in June, . He is also a great kid who carried the loss of his dad, Todd ,as an inspiration for himself and his teammates in his memory. He is headed off in the fall to attend and play lacrosse for the NCAA champion Denver University Pioneers .
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby 42Laxdad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:37 pm

Below is my list of Best East Bay players (1st and 2nd teams). It includes players only from the East Bay (EBAL, DFAL, DVAL)

Notes: I have watched all of these players in games against competitive teams. List is not based on statistics; haven't seen them. It's based on all of the following in no particular order:

Lax IQ, Stick Skills, Athleticism, Impact on Team, Impact in Game, Fundamentals, Overall Play

There are some very talented players who did not make the list, including some underclassman. Two players (*) were injured mid season.

MVP: Austin French SR SRV

Defensive MVP: Vinny Gladden SR Acalanes

1ST TEAM

Attack
Austin French SR SRV
Colin Rutan SR Las Lomas
Adrian Jeffries SR Acalanes

Middie
Ben Spencer SR Monte Vista
Sam De Roque SR Acalanes
Brook Rideau JR DLS
Kyle Rodney SR DLS

FOGO
Carter Nichols SR SRV

LSM
Vinny Gladden SR Acalanes

Defense
Joey Carrington Soph SRV
Brooks Bain SR Amador Valley
Mitch Olinger SR DLS
Brian Makin JR Acalanes

Goalie
Daniel Aguillar SR SRV
Johnny Perlite SR DLS *

2nd TEAM

Attack
Liam Mullin SR SRV
Devin Spencer JR Monte Vista
Nathan Brickman JR Acalanes
Quinn Burnett SR Piedmont

Middie
Chad Housley SR Monte Vista
Sam Isola SR Foothill
Jack Ditzler JR Bishop Odowd
Tyler Henderson JR Acalanes *

FOGO
Jake Salamida JR Monte Vista
Sam Rosenbaum Soph Piedmont

LSM
Pat Ward SR SRV

Defense
Sean Tominari JR Amador Valley
Joe Alarab JR SRV
Ben Allen JR DLS

Goalie
Nate Welcomer Soph Acalanes
Last edited by 42Laxdad on Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
42Laxdad
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby carrera » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:30 pm

carrera
1st Line
1st Line

Postby Grampa Lax » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Some good picks 42laxdad. Good Carrera for catching the DFAL picks. Usually EBAL comes out a coup;e days after the DFAL. Don't know why. I'm more knowledgeable of the EBAL. My only comment 42laxdad re: Pat Ward of SRV is he didn't play LSM at all this years but rather played every game as a long pole and I wouldn't be surprised if he will be a first team EBAL pick at that position. As an example he was assigned to cover Ben Spencer of Monte Vista in the Wolves three wins over their arch rivals and was very effective in his coverage such that Ben was not a major factor.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby 42Laxdad » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:57 pm

My only comment 42laxdad re: Pat Ward of SRV is he didn't play LSM at all this years but rather played every game as a long pole and I wouldn't be surprised if he will be a first team EBAL pick at that position. As an example he was assigned to cover Ben Spencer of Monte Vista in the Wolves three wins over their arch rivals and was very effective in his coverage such that Ben was not a major factor.

Grampa, correct me if I'm wrong. I thought Pat played LSM against the very talented middies on the Dallas Episcopal team; and when he was guarding Ben Spencer (who's a middie, I thought he was playing LSM) If not, add him to 1st team at defense. Pat's awesome!

And

Adrian Jeffries should be seriously considered for MVP, or co MVP with Austin.
42Laxdad
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby Grampa Lax » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:27 pm

"
Grampa, correct me if I'm wrong. I thought Pat played LSM against the very talented middies on the Dallas Episcopal team; and when he was guarding Ben Spencer (who's a middie, I thought he was playing LSM) If not, add him to 1st team at defense. Pat's awesome"

All true 42 laxdad as to Pat Ward playing up against the oppositions best middie and he was an LSM last year. However this year with the losses of two all league long poles in Aran Roberts and Niko Souza,Pat Ward,a senior was moved to a long pole to anchor the young but talented defense. ( Carington, Alarab, Steffens, Brown, K Souza). In the Wolf defense for 2015 Pat Ward was to man up and come out to meet and defend the opposition's best middie. The LSMS this year were Jr Alex Brown and Soph Kyle Souza who alternated at that spot. They also would play out on top on the next best middie. So yes Pat would have been playing out on both the fast and talented middies of Dallas Episcopal and Ben Spencer of Monte Vista. Rarely all season was Pat Ward a senior beaten which is why I think as the cornerstone of a very talented Wolf defense he may be an all league long pole.

Now next year with the exception of Pat Ward all the defenders return as well as some good people on JV. This defense will have to carry the team as the offense will lose heavily to graduation. ( French, Nichols, Klopp. Lancaster) It may be a bit of a rebuilding year for SRV in 2016. Think that MV will have the most horses back and would be the early favorites in the EBAL for 2016 followed by Amador SRV and DLS.
Last edited by Grampa Lax on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Grampa Lax » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:54 am

DFAL all league picks did appear today in the CCTimes for both boys and girls. Still nothing on the EBAL website which is not unusual. Carrera accurately already provided the DFAL pics from their website on Tuesday June 2 so no need to repeat here.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Next

Return to High School