1st Line
1st Line

Re: NCS SEMI FINALS

Postby rolax » Mon May 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Srv 14 amador 10
MV 12 de la 11

Acalanes 9 ma 11
Mc 15 piedmont 13

I'm predicting plenty of close games due to a lot of these teams are pretty evenly matched. Each team has a shot winning it all.
rolax
Fan
Fan

Postby Grampa Lax » Wed May 20, 2015 12:03 pm

Well we are down to the final four and glad to see folks chiming in. Div 2 would seem to be the most interesting and competitive. Any of the four teams are capable of winning it as the games between them have been extremely close. I think the seedings are appropriate . 1. Acalanes ,2. Marin Catholic 3. Marin Academy and 4. Piedmont.

Acalanes Dons 16-4

Not as strong a team as last year but will probably win it all this year after a heartbreaking loss to MC last year in the finals.They simply have more skilled athletes are well coached and this is their year. Their losses were to Div 1 finalists MV, SRV, DLS and one bad loss to Novato. They beat Piedmont 16-14, Marin Academy 11-10 in overtime and Marin Catholic 9-8. All close games of course but I think you have to give them the best chance of winning it all.

Acalanes 11-8 over Marin Academy in the semis

Marin Catholic Wildcats. 16-8

The Cats are seeded # 2 although only # 10 in Lax power. MC has had a brutal schedule including MV, SRV, Highland Park (Texas Champ,) DLS, Amador, Corona Del Mar,SI and Bellarmine. ( all losses) Yikes ! Some of the losses were bad 18-3 to SI, 13-0 to CDM and 15-5 to Bellarmine. They beat MA 9-7 and lost to Acalanes 8-9. I think they will beat Piedmont in the semis by 3-4 but lose by 2-3 to Acalanes in the final.

MC 14-11 over Piedmont in the semis

Marin Academy 13-6

These Wildcats are seeded 4th and have have run of 8 wins in a row. They lost to Piedmont 17-18 in OT, lost to Acalanes 10-11 in double overtime and lost also to Marin Catholic 7-9
This is a well coached team with lots of speed that is also capable of winning it all. They had one bad loss to Campo 7-8 mid season. They are playing their best lacrosse of the season but don't think they will beat Acalanes in the semi's but will be a close game. The Don's by 3 ,11-8

Piedmont Highlanders 20-2

The Highlanders have the best record by far of the semifinalists and have a senior team[14} but their wins have come against lesser opponents in a rather weak DVAL.Their two losses were close to DLS 6-7 and Acalanes early in the season 14-16. They also are capable of winning it all but I think their lack of difficult competition will prohibit them getting
by Marin Catholic in the semis.

This is one of the best final four team seedings in a long time with any of the four capable of winning it all. If one team is hot in the playoffs that team will win it. I think Acalanes will be that team!
Last edited by Grampa Lax on Wed May 20, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Grampa Lax » Wed May 20, 2015 1:33 pm

Division !

This should not be as close as Div 2. The seedings are again probably correct. 1. San Ramon Valley, 2. Monte Vista, 3 De La Salle 4. Amador Valley.

San Ramon Valley 17-2

Where it was a bit of a down year in Marin county, Sacramento and even DLS this was one of the best teams SRV has ever fielded. Where in the past they had one or two offensive threats this year there are 4-5 players mostly seniors capable of scoring. The defense although younger has some aggressive fast and talented defenders. In Carter Nichols as their face off man they consistently win 60 -70 % of their face-offs. They have beaten MV twice 14-4 and 15-8, DLS 14-6 and Amador 9-3. Their only losses were to SI 13-11 in the first game of the season in which they outscored SI 8-5 in the second half and a loss to St Margaret's Episcopal from So Cal 9-16 .This was a team that is ranked #2 in Southern Cal finishing 18-3 and who beat an undefeated Corona Del Mar ranked #1 in the state in their last game of the season. Statewide SRV is ranked # 5.and # 1 in the NCS by Lax Power.They should and I think will win it all.

SRV 14 Amador 6 in the semis!

Monte Vista 16-8

This is a good team with both speed talent and well coached. They have a number of weapons in the Spencer brothers, Poochie Stemmler, Wiley Bonham (if he can play, )Jake Salamedia and others.They have an aggressive defense and a good goalie in Joe Tabor. They beat DLS earlier 14-9. I think this will be the most competitive semifinal game. And since the game will be at MV, I think you have to give the nod to the Mustangs.

MV 11- DLS 9 in the semis,

De La Salle 12-7

This as always is a good well coached Spartan team but just doesn't have the horses to beat MV and SRV back to back to repeat as NCS champs. Yes they have a great tradition but
not enough fire power to win it all . Talent wise this year they are a bit thin. They are down to their 3rd string goalie which is a tough spot to find themselves at NCS championship time. I think it will be closer than last time but tradition aside not enough defense or offense for a Spartan repeat.

Amador Valley 16-4

This team has the same problem as Piedmont does in Div 2. A very good record but a weak schedule. I suggested in earlier posts that until they scheduled and could beat the heavyweights their record was suspect. After a string of wins they first lost to DLS 7-11 and then to SRV 3-9. They did ,however,at the end of the season defeat MV 7-6 . They have an aggressive defense but I don't think their offense is good enough to upset the Wolves in their semifinal game.
Last edited by Grampa Lax on Thu May 21, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby laxrat » Wed May 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Grampa Lax wrote:MC has had a brutal schedule including MV, SRV, Highland Park (Texas Champ,) DLS, Amador, Corona Del Mar,SI and Bellarmine. ( all losses) Yikes !

MC actually beat De La Salle in the regular season.
laxrat
Fan
Fan

Postby carrera » Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 pm

Looking forward to another Acalanes-MC Div 2 championship game.
carrera
1st Line
1st Line

Postby Grampa Lax » Thu May 21, 2015 7:29 am

Div 1

San Ramon Valley 12 Amador 8
This game went as expected and the game was never in doubt. SRV jumped to a quick 4-0 lead , Led at the half 8-4, Their lead went to 12-5 after three and at the beginning of the fourth quarter the reserves and 7 kids brought up from the JV's played the rest of the way.

Monte Vista 12 De La Salle 2

The only surprise here was the margin of victory. I thought the Spartans would make it closer. All the tradition in the world can't make up for the lack of horses.

Championship game

This will be a much closer game than the two SRV wins this season 14-4 and 15-8. It is also tough to beat any good team three times. Both teams will be highly motivated and sky high. However, unless SRV makes a lot of turnovers, penalties and the defense has an off night the Wolves should win it by 3-4. goals.

SRV 12- 9-

Div 2

Acalanes 13 Marin Academy 5

A bit of a surprise at the margin of victory. Acalanes the clear favorite now to win it all on Saturday

Marin Catholic 6 Piedmont 3

The only surprise here was that it was such a low scoring game. The Don's have been waiting a year for this rematch

Acalanes 10-7
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Royalbluelax » Thu May 21, 2015 3:45 pm

SRV is good this year, but I think MV could well take them down in the D-1 championship game. MV will have to be at their best in order to do so.
Royalbluelax
All Star
All Star

Postby Royalbluelax » Thu May 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Grampa Lax wrote:Div 1

Acalanes 13 Marin Academy 5

A bit of a surprise at the margin of victory. Acalanes the clear favorite now to win it all on Saturday.

The D-2 chamnpionship game is actually gonna be played Friday (i.e., tomorrow) night at 7:00 PM, at AHS.
Royalbluelax
All Star
All Star

Postby Grampa Lax » Thu May 21, 2015 5:01 pm

You are absolutely correct Royalbluelax both games are Friday night this year . The Div 1 game is at SRV at 7pm and the Div 2 game at Acalanes at 7pm .
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Next

Return to High School