LAX websites: Which do you visit most?

LAX websites: Which do you visit most?

Postby Royalbluelax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:09 am

I visit Laxpower.com on almost a daily basis, as it seems to be generally regarded as by far the most authoritative website for lacrosse news and rankings.

I'm guessing there are several other websites out there that might be useful sources of information. Maxpreps is certainly not one of them. It has the most inaccurate and incomprehensible rating system I have ever seen. Plus, they routinely botch up team schedules and results. I think Maxpreps should simply give it up when it comes to lacrosse.

There must be other websites that have useful high school lacrosse news and rankings information. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Royalbluelax
All Star
All Star

Re: LAX websites: Which do you visit most?

Postby Grampa Lax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:11 pm

I agree with you Roayabluelax. Lax Power I think is the most complete reporting service both regionally and nationally. The reversal of the Acalanes and Redwood score last week was one of the few times they got it mixed up but it was quickly corrected. It is always interesting this time of year to check out their Power rankings and compare how the NCS will seed both the Div 1 and Div 2 teams in the playoffs. Max prep has it's problems and seems totally dependent on someone sending in a score. However, you can find out a few JV scores with them assuming some parent sends in the score and does so accurately.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Royalbluelax » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:35 am

Grampa: There have GOT to be a few decent websites other than Laxpower. (Maxpreps doesn't count as a decent site, although you are correct that it at least allow for the possibility of checking on JV teams.)

Nike and UnderArmour have websites where they discuss high school teams and players, and rank teams by region. But the site is so East Coast-centric that my gorge rises every time I go on it.

I would think that, at minimum, there must be a forum like this for SoCal lacrosse or Washington lacrosse.
Royalbluelax
All Star
All Star

Postby picknroll » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:12 pm

laxmagazine.com
insidelacrosse.com
laxbuzz.com
twitter.com/LaxBuzz
picknroll

Postby Royalbluelax » Fri May 02, 2014 10:29 am

picknroll wrote:laxmagazine.com
insidelacrosse.com
laxbuzz.com
twitter.com/LaxBuzz

picknroll: I checked out laxbuzz.com and, correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears the only reasons to go there are to get lacrosse news and shop for gear or lacrosse camps. I was looking for an internet discussion board there, but when you click on the "Forum" link, it calls up a series of posts, the latest of which goes back to June 2011. Is there some other link there which brings up more recent posts? Or has Twitter taken the place of the laxbuzz forum?
Royalbluelax
All Star
All Star

Postby jnash387 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:37 am

I'd say go with LaxPower. There really aren't any good alternatives.
jnash387

Postby laxtruth » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:09 pm

laxtruth
Practice Player
Practice Player

Return to High School