SRV upsets #1 Torrey Pines in overtime in San Diego

For the discussion of weekly games and reporting of scores and stats.

SRV upsets #1 Torrey Pines in overtime in San Diego

Postby Grampa Lax » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Received word that SRV has beaten undefeated and # 1 ranked in the state Torrey Pines in San Diego in overtime 8-7. Torrey Pines ranked #1 and undefeated (10-0) and winner over SI 14-11 lost in overtime to SRV now 9-1 a team that began the season experiencing a crushing loss to SI 16-4. I know that the Wolves jumped out to a 6-0 lead at half time . TP closed to 6-3 after three quarters and SRV lead 7-5 with only a few minutes left .However the southerners came back to tie it 7-7 sending the game to sudden death. The Wolves dug down deep and after a TP turnover won it in 2 minutes of OT 8-7 a huge win for the Wolves and for Nor Cal lacrosse. Torrey Pines is a team loaded with (14) D1 recruits . I frankly based on the SI comparable scores and that TP had crushed teams from Colorado, Texas, Laurenceville, and other good So Cal teams did not think the Wolves had a chance to win it . I thought that TP was a 5-6 goal favorite. I hope someone who was there can give us some insight into the game and in particular the last few minutes and the overtime. It must have been very exciting .The text I received from a SRV mom was " WE FREAKIN BEAT THESE GUYS"!!!! They did indeed. Congrats to SRV. That was huge.
Last edited by Grampa Lax on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Grampa Lax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Re: SRV upsets #1 Torrey Pines in overtime in San Diego

Postby Billax » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:00 pm

Huge Congrats to the Wolves! Must have been thrilling to be at the game... as witness the SRV Mom's comments!
Sports don't build character, they reveal it. - Heywood Broun
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Return to Game Reports