Game scores Feb. 19th to Feb. 25th?

For the discussion of weekly games and reporting of scores and stats.

Game scores Feb. 19th to Feb. 25th?

Postby sionjy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:40 pm

So what are the scores this past week of season openers?

The game I was at, Urban defeated Sacred Heart Cathedral 10-9 in Overtime.
A nice showing from SHC in there first ever varsity lacrosse game.

For Urban, Max McCready did a great job at the midfield and on ball control duties on offense.
For SHC Sedge Gates was a monster all over the field on 6 goals and 1 assist with most of those goals coming from double coverage.

Both rosters are young and still growing/learning the game.
sionjy
All Star
All Star

Re: Game scores Feb. 19th to Feb. 25th?

Postby laxlover » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:08 pm

Sedge Gates is legit. Having seen him for the past two years in indoor lacrosse and travel teams, he is very talented. Smooth and handles the stick very well. A great young man, too.
laxlover
1st Line
1st Line

Postby sionjy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:25 pm

The goals are misleading since he was trying to feed almost the entire game he just didn't have enough players around him that were comfortable catching some of his feeds when wide open in front of the cage from Sedge drawing the entire defense
Something I would chalk up to first game jitters
sionjy
All Star
All Star

Postby MVLAX1234 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:01 am

Foothill played SI this evening at Foothill. Foothill lost a number of players due to graduation but appeared to a have a full squad ready to play. SI ultimately triumphed 19-3 but the effort was there from Foothill. SI's scoring came from multiple fronts with around 8 players scoring. Details are missing since SI wore practice jerseys and with redundant numbers, but some of the goals were scored by Chad Cohan, Joe Lang, Chad Bell, JW McGovern, Will McKee, James Milligan, John Meany, Peter Doyle and others.

Foothill's goalie was tested often and in the first half he put together several point blank saves. SI's defense was able to neutralize the speed of Foothill's attack while SI's midfield was strong in transition and moving the ball. Foothill is regrouping but appears to have some good young talent. SI has deep talent and continues to work on the timing and chemistry of its lines.

Cold but fun evening.
MVLAX1234
1st Line
1st Line

Postby WestCoastLax » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:48 am

Agreed on SI-Foothill. SI looked very good for so early in the season. Foothill is indeed very young and will need some time. SI really was enjoyable to watch.
WestCoastLax
1st Line
1st Line

Postby numbersman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:00 pm

I got bored in my empty nest yesterday and needed a lacrosse fix, so walked over to watch the MV v. Berkeley scrimmage. MV was missing several of their starters and bigger guns, but looked pretty good anyway. They moved the ball quickly and crisply and were pretty patient in waiting for good shooting opportunities. Several of last year's JV were playing and looked good too. By the third quarter when they started freely substituting the second and third lines, MV was up 8 or 9 to 0.

Berkeley is a big team with good athletes and big physical poles. They also have a couple of good middies that can dodge and shoot. Watch out for them as they start smoothing off the rough edges over the next few games. This was the first scrimmage for both teams ( I think), so I am pretty sure Berkeley is going to get much stronger as the season progresses.

Also heard that DLS scrimmaged Piedmont and Bellermine, coming out comfortably on top in both scrimmages.
What if the hokey-pokey IS what its all about?
numbersman
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Postby WestCoastLax » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Talked with a buddy of mine who has a son on Bellermine and he said De La just killed Bellermine...said they were big and good!
WestCoastLax
1st Line
1st Line

Return to Game Reports