Monte Vista - 10, De la Salle - 7 -- Final

For the discussion of weekly games and reporting of scores and stats.

Re: Monte Vista - 10, De la Salle - 7 -- Final

Postby laxphotomom27 » Sun May 29, 2011 6:44 am

One more thought: Gus Gradinger is my hero!!!! After the MV vs SRV game, I was praising Gus Gradinger and I believe it was Numbersman that said, "Gus Gradinger is the reason we are here now!" I concur!!! MVP should go to Gus!! :)
laxphotomom27

Postby BroncoLaxDad » Sun May 29, 2011 11:34 am

still drinking, eh?
BroncoLaxDad
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby Highheat » Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 pm

BroncoLaxDad wrote:still drinking, eh?

Inappropriate much?
"Go big or go home"
Highheat
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby DlaxDad » Sun May 29, 2011 2:57 pm

I think Gus had a whale of a game. It wasn't just the number of saves he had, it was that he stoned a lot of quality shots from in close. Both of these teams are quality squads, stocked with terrific team players -- no one's mentioned Will Montero or Jack McCormack of the Spartans, but they are both remarkable talents for De La Salle -- I think Will scored one from about an eighth of an inch over GLE -- but I have to agree that Mr. Gradinger tipped the balance.

I had a chance to watch Mr. Montero last summer as the lone rising sophomore on the Alcatraz Outlaws, and he did not disappoint. Great shooter, who doesn't stint at the defensive end of the field -- and to earn my respect you absolutely must play defense. Saw Mr. McCormack play a bit for the NorCal Ducks last January. It's no news, of course, but they are both absolutely the real deal.

And to complete the loop, I thought Zach Dutra had a fantastic game for Monte Vista at the defensive end of the field as well -- he should get the D10 award for exemplary crease-clearing. Last of the four lacrosse-playing Dutra boys -- there's a family who have given it up for the game, and mom and dad get props from me just for feeding those four -- and whatever they were feeding them gave them character, too.

This was an excellent game between two of the Bay Area's most consistently excellent teams -- Vader and Voldemort comparisons notwithstanding.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DlaxDad

Postby laxdad2013 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:13 am

I heard the crowd chant "In Gus We Trust".
laxdad2013
Fan
Fan

Previous

Return to Game Reports