Marin Academy - 15, SF University - 13 -- Final

For the discussion of weekly games and reporting of scores and stats.

Marin Academy - 15, SF University - 13 -- Final

Postby DlaxDad » Tue May 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Marin Academy Wildcats -- #5 seed -- 13-3 record (5-2 in league; 2nd in Bay Area Conference) -- PR of 95.13 -- ranked 7th in North Coast/San Joaquin sections by Laxpower -- Strength of Schedule # 26 -- defeated Acalanes (10-9 on March 11), Campolindo, Tamalpais, Drake, Piedmont, Newman, Urban (2X), and Sonoma Academy; lost to Marin Catholic 7-6 on March 18, and twice to University (14-13 and 12-11); had 7 game win streak in season (Tamalpais, Drake, Piedmont, O'Dowd, Newman, Bentley, Urban). Advanced to quarter finals with 13-8 win over Berean Christian.

San Francisco University High School Red Devils -- #4 seed -- 14-8 record (7-0 in league; Bay Area Conference Champions) -- PR of 92.90 -- ranked 13th in North Coast/San Joaquin sections by Laxpower -- Strength of Schedule #8 -- defeated Redwood, Tamalpais, Piedmont, Novato, Sonoma Academy, Berkeley, Marin Academy 2X (14-13 on April 29 and 12-11 on May 13), Urban, and Sonoma Academy (11-0 on May 11); lost to Acalanes (9-8 in 3 OT), Palo Alto, San Ramon Valley, Monte Vista, St. Ignatius, Marin Catholic, Bellarmine Prep, and Miramonte. Advanced to quarter finals with 16-3 defeat of Sonoma Academy.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DlaxDad

Re: Marin Academy at University (Kezar), Saturday, May 21, 5:00

Postby DlaxDad » Thu May 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Prediction: This is the Bay Area Conference's rivalry match, and this season it's tilted University's direction, as the Red Devils have taken a pair of one goal games from MA, 14-13 and 12-11. I believe MA has led in both contests, and led late in the second. I think this is one of the weekend's "pick em" games, but wonder whether University can beat the Wildcats three times in the same season. It's tough to do when you're this evenly matched. . . . . :-k

You're right. I didn't make a pick. These teams are both well coached and stocked with great athletes with big hearts. :-"

I might be leaning just a little toward MA. In 2 OTs. Get the defibrillator. #-o

CLEAR!
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DlaxDad

Re: Marin Academy at University (Kezar), Saturday, May 21, 5:00

Postby numbersman » Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 pm

I will take University by 2 in this contest. University is a playoff tested team and has played the toughest schedule they could find this year. I think this will bode them well for this game.
What if the hokey-pokey IS what its all about?
numbersman
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Return to Game Reports