College Helmet Sports

College Helmet Sports

Postby Billax » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:33 pm

It would be fair to say that I'm an obscurantist. The word obscurantist means "to hide" the meaning of a word, a term, or a phrase. So, where does my "obscurantism" come from? For me, it starts with the phrase "helmet sports."

Helmet sports are, by definition, violent sports. In Men's college sports, helmet sports are: Football, Lacrosse, and Hockey, and they are the "Big Three" of Helmet sports. There are only a few Ivy League colleges who offer ALL the Mens Helmet Schools. You'll all have to help me find any non-Ivy school other than Michigan and Denver which offer ALL the violent sports. In the broad scheme of things, I'm a Lacrosse guy. Still, I'm reluctant to admit, I like the notion of "violent sports." Interestingly enough, that's why I'm an Ivy League fan... since most Ivies play all three Helmet Sports!

I'm lucky enough to have been an Ivy League fan for the last 5-6 years.Moreover, I root for Yale, which has won Ivy titles in Lacrosse, Hockey, and even Football (that is ALL the Helmet sports) within the last 5 years.I know Harvard and Cornell fans who came close to winning the whole shebang, but Yale's the Gold Standard!

I would enjoy hearing from other Ivy collegiate guys whose teams won Ivy triple "Helmet Sports" Championships.
Every Ivy team has a method to describe a winner in the Helmet Sports competition. Only a few of those methods are legit!
Sports don't build character, they reveal it. - Heywood Broun
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Return to College