Sierra Nevada College

Sierra Nevada College

Postby motiv8orr » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Now that my older boy is playing at a UC, I am paying more attention to MCLA club lacrosse.

This year, the WCLL Division 2 has a new team from Sierra Nevada College. It's a small school in Incline Village by Lake Tahoe.

They had a short schedule, but went undefeated. Because it's their first year they are not eligible for the championship.

I was curious about the team so I looked over the roster. Several players from Petaluma, at least one from Novato. None of them are seniors, and most of them are freshmen and sophmores. I have no doubt they'll be a contender next year.

Then I looked up the coach, Bruce Meierdiercks. He was a coach at Santa Clara University. And here is a interesting trivia fact. In 1988 he was one of the founders of the American Lacrosse League, a professional league that managed five weeks of play.
motiv8orr
All Star
All Star

Re: Sierra Nevada College

Postby defender » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Yeah Motiv8orr, I'm in a similar boat...My youngest son was recruited by Coach Meirerdierks to play at SNC....He graduated from high school in 2013 and absolutely loves the school...and as a bonus started on defense. Coach did a fantastic job using his contacts to recruit players he'd heard about from coaches and colleagues...... We knew about halfway through the season that they were pretty good as they were only tested by a pretty good Saint Mary's team and UCSC. About the same time we found out they would not be able to play post season. I'm glad someone mentioned them and we are pretty excited about the next couple of years.
defender
Fan
Fan

Return to College