Is Palos Verde for Real?

Our connection to our friends down south.

Is Palos Verde for Real?

Postby numbersman » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:30 am

PV is rated by Laxpower on top of the CIF South :? (ahead of Foothill who has been playing very well against very good teams). Currently they are ranked by Laxpower (which you can't argue with because it is always 100% correct), as number 3 in the state? :? I know you can argue that Laxpower doesn't really mean anything but usually it is at least directionally correct.

I looked at their schedule and they don't play any teams that would be considered power houses in the North, South or San Diego sections. Anyone seen them play?
What if the hokey-pokey IS what its all about?
numbersman
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Except for Foothill ...

Postby navlax76 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:28 pm

the rest of the Southern Section is mediocre at best. It's ok to question LaxPower. Their ROM for the Southern Section is out of whack, owing to Foothill's success against the SD-CIF and the fact that none of the other Southern Section teams play much in the way of SD-CIF or NorCal competition to provide more data for amending the ROM. They only play each other and the Condor League (weak). It's in trying to characterize a region's relative strength, that too much subjectivity and too little data make for inaccurate representations. Look at Windward with a 93.39 PR. That's about the same as SRV. I've seen both of those teams play and that's a head to head comparison where the SRV JV is a better match.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby surge » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:48 pm

Palos Verdes is for real... now 16-0

They had pre-season games vs. LCC and Bishops that was a jamboree...dominated both teams

They also played in the Carmel Tourney
surge

Return to Southern California