WEST VS.EAST?

Our connection to our friends down south.

How will La Costa Canyon fare against the MIAA/IAC ?

W-3 L-0
No votes
W-2 L-1
14%
W-1 L-2
57%
W-0 L-3
29%

Total votes : 14

WEST VS.EAST?

Postby navlax76 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:07 am

La Costa Canyon goes back to MD next month to play three games against teams from the MIAA-A and the IAC conferences. Any thought or opinions as to how they will do against Boys' Latin, Georgetown Prep, and Archbishop Spalding?
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Billax » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:50 am

My heart says 2-1, but my head says 1-2. I'm guessing they may be able to defeat the Archbishop Spalding Cavaliers, but the other two....
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby Billax » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:57 am

navlax76,
I see that the latest Inside Lacrosse HS poll has the following top three in the country:
• West Genny
• Boys' Latin
• Georgetown Prep

It's nearly impossible to imagine a more difficult trip than the Mavericks will undertake - facing the #2 and #3 teams in the nation with just one day of rest between them. Even worse, they face a good Archbishop Spalding team the day before the Georgetown Prep match.

If they win one, that's great. If they win two, that's heroic. If they win three, well, that's the stuff of which legends are made!
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Concur my friend!

Postby navlax76 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:36 pm

Seeing the Mount Saint Joseph Gaels tear through SoCal like a hot knife through butter, reminded me of just how good and deep is the MIAA's talent.

In other East vs. West intersectional games this season, I like Saint Ignatius' chances against Floral Park, while their game against South Side will be a stretch for the Wildcats. The Garden City Trojans are likely to run through SoCal in a fashion after MSJ; leaving Torrey Pines, Poway, and Coronado trailing distantly in their wake. No sneaking up on the Trojans this time. They lost two years ago to arguably the best H.S. team to ever play in SoCal. (Four of the TPHS Class of 2004 are on NCAA DI rosters and many others are playing well in the MDIA.) The Lawn Gieland boys are ready for revenge and I think they'll get it.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Flandog » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:35 pm

"OOOOhhhh, the humanity. People are running for their lives......"

My prediction, PAIN. Pain for CA. SI has a fighting chance of 1-2 against MIAA teams. LCC may look good against NY-Sec. 8. I predict a 1-1 there. I can't pick a team from Arch Bishop "Spaulding". Isn't Spaulding Judge Smales' nephew from Caddy Shack? As for anyone else - I predict real PAIN.

I hear West Genny is for real this year. I got wind that Mt. Lakes (NJ) is scrimmaging those guys this weekend. I hear Mt. Lakes has reloaded nicely so they will be back on top in NJ.

Anyway - just CLIMB THE STAIRS - baby - CLIMB THE STAIRS.
BIRTH - LACROSSE - DEATH
Flandog
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Archbishop Spalding Cavaliers

Postby navlax76 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:27 pm

Nice video of the Cavaliers dismantling the Western Reserve Academy boys on e-lacrosse.com. That would be the same WRA team that earlier in the season beat the best that AZ had to offer. This season's Spalding team is about where they usually find themselves, that is in the bottom third of the MIAA-A Conference.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Flandog » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:50 pm

Thanks Navlax. At least WRA is much better than that VA team. One question - why are they playing in a cow pasture?
BIRTH - LACROSSE - DEATH
Flandog
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

St Mary's (Annapolis) over Landon

Postby navlax76 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:59 pm

F-dog,

Coach Hogan's boys look to be back on the radar scope with an overtime win against the Landon Bears. Two tough back-to-back OT losses for the Bears.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Flandog » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Yeah I saw that. Congrats to the Saints. Finally back in the mix.

Also, I see that the ex. Rancho Bernardo D man (Matt Drenan) is starting along side a St. Mary's alum (Eric Zerrlat) at JHU.
BIRTH - LACROSSE - DEATH
Flandog
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Re: Archbishop Spalding Cavaliers

Postby Danny Boy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:54 pm

navlax76 wrote:Nice video of the Cavaliers dismantling the Western Reserve Academy boys on e-lacrosse.com. That would be the same WRA team that earlier in the season beat the best that AZ had to offer. This season's Spalding team is about where they usually find themselves, that is in the bottom third of the MIAA-A Conference.

Exactly, WRA is also the same team that overcame a 8 - 1 deficit and beat Severn in OT, got hammered by Loyola Blakefield, and lost in the last 30 seconds to St. Paul's 9 - 8.
Danny Boy

Next

Return to Southern California