Big So-Cal Games

Our connection to our friends down south.

Big So-Cal Games

Postby Flandog » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:13 am

Navlax . Tartan,

I saw that LCC took a big one from Coronado last night - any color?

Also - I see that Foothill - Tunstin is playing an MIAA-A squad tonight in Mt. St. Joe's. Navlax will you be there to root for your boys? I would like to request a detailed analysis. I believe this ranks pretty high on the CA vs. the East Coast discussion. DLS played some MIAA squads a few years ago - but no dent was made to their self-confidence.

BTW - MV, Danville plays Golden, CO next week. Also another data point for comparision.

Another BTW - someone better call Mt. St. Joe's - they think they are playing Foothill, Pleasanton tonight. They only missed by 850 miles. (Navlax - does that school employ any US Navy navigation systems?)
BIRTH - LACROSSE - DEATH
Flandog
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Postby tartan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:32 pm

Flandog,

St. Margaret's also plays MSJ Friday, the 17th. We are also hosting the players all weekend.

We will have someone at the game tonight vs. Foothill. Ill post some third hand account.

St. Margaret's also plays Foothill on the 22nd at home. It should be a good one. We faced them at a tournament in San Diego this past Saturday. We lost by one, but dominated the first half of the game. Stupid penalties and bad substitutions gave them the upper hand in the end.

Another big one for us is on the 4th of April vs Bishop's school.
tartan
2nd Line
2nd Line

Long Day for the Gaels

Postby navlax76 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:06 pm

MSJ was to arrive at LAX today around noon for their 3:15 P.M. game in Tustin. I'll be watching the lads play Rancho Bernardo on Saturday. Three games in three days after a cross-country flight. Yowsah, now that's a schedule.

Should be interesting to see how we left-coasters fare. MSJ should be about a mid-tier MIAA A team this season, and that league is arguably the best in the nation.

As for their navigation, old school Baltimoreans have their charts labelled "beyond here lie dragons" for anyplace west of the 695 and Frederick Road.

P.S. Game video from the Episcopal (TX) vs. MSJ game @ http://www.e-lacrosse.com/
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Norcallax » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:47 pm

Heard that Mt St. Joes beat up on Foothill 20-5
Norcallax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Cell Phone Update sez ...

Postby navlax76 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:55 pm

that it wasn't as close as the score might lead you to believe. :oops:

Always tough to gauge anything with the comparative scores thing, but this result ought to give the LCC lads pause to think about their trip to meet the Lakers of Boys' Latin. :shock:
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby tartan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:08 am

Just got back from the bars with the MSj coaches.

It was 10-2 at halftime MSJ. MSJ Played EVERYBODY. Second unit of D is where foothill got its goals.

MSJ was a little daunted on faceoffs, MIAA plays the NCAA ruling, we play down, set, whistle.

Should be an interesting game for us. I dont think we will recieve a 15 point defecit, or I owe them all a round of the black stuff tomorrow night.

Looking forward to it.
tartan
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby NotthePatientOne » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:43 am

Posting removed
Last edited by NotthePatientOne on Fri May 12, 2006 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotthePatientOne
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby tartan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:09 pm

MSJ won 15-7.

We were actually up by two midway through the second. Great game, MSJ is obviously a great squad.

Here's what I said on westsidelax.com:

[quote]“It was definitely a depth thing,â€
tartan
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby Billax » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:37 pm

Nice showing by the team, Tartan. I think you represented well.
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

MSJ VS. RB

Postby navlax76 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:27 pm

Left when it was 13 -2 at the half. MSJ substituting liberally by the end of the first period when it was 7-1. I'll go out an a limb here and say that none of the SoCal teams will run with the top six teams in the MIAA A. LCC might prove me wrong later this spring, but I doubt it.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Next

Return to Southern California