Big So-Cal Games

Our connection to our friends down south.

Garden City 13, Torrey Pines 10

Postby navlax76 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:07 pm

Very good game. Garden City up by score of 2 - 1 after one quarter. Teams went into the half-time intermission tied at 5 goals a piece. Third quarter was the Falcons undoing. Early in the quarter, they went up by a score of 7 - 6 before the Trojans found their scoring rythym and rattled off five straight. The home team Falcons went down by an 11 - 7 tally at the end of three. Torrey Pines closed the margin to two goals twice in the final stanza before Garden City ended the scoring with their 13th tally.

Torrey Pines played much better than when I had seen them at the First 4 Tournament and in their game against Poway. Falcons "D" had no answer for the Trojans' key attackmen, Gibbons and Engelke. Gibbons led all scorers and Engelke had almost as many assists as Gibbons had goals. Trojans also dominated the faceoffs in the second half and that was really key in the decisive third quarter scoring run.

I sat with the Engelke family and an acquaintance from Lawn Guylint. The visitors from NY were impressed by the Falcons effort. I thought the officiating crew did a fair job and only missed one important call, that ultimately did not affect the game's outcome. Overall, a good showing for the Falcons and one that shows a more competitive effort for SoCal prep lacrosse against a nationally-ranked team.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Billax » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:20 pm

That's a very respectable score. Thanks for the great write-up, navlax.
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Previous

Return to Southern California