Friends in the South?

Our connection to our friends down south.

Friends in the South?

Postby Rocco » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:26 am

Who has got friends in the South? No one I know, NOR CAL LAX baby!
Well maybe we should be friendly, now that we are the best lax hotbed in Cali.
Rocco
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby backdoor » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:49 am

Hey, I know at least one guy down there somewhere.
backdoor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Grizz » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:25 am

If they are Lax, they are family and friends, competitors maybe, but still friends.
Grizz
Forum Father
Forum Father

Bitter enemies within the lines, brothers without

Postby Old Skool Pole » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:46 pm

There is a large Norcal contingent in Socal (and vice versa), why not?
Quite a few Norcal college players would probably like to discuss thier high school alma maters.
Old Skool Pole
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby lax2 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:45 pm

A huge number or norcal players - in particular schools like SI and MC - have kids at Santa Barbara. I consider SoCal our allies in the fight to bring more exposure to West Coast lacrosse.
lax2
All Star
All Star

Postby Bluevelvet » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:49 am

lax2 wrote:A huge number or norcal players - in particular schools like SI and MC - have kids at Santa Barbara. I consider SoCal our allies in the fight to bring more exposure to West Coast lacrosse.
Yes, over half the UCSB roster for 2006 is from Northern California, but there are only two players from SI and zero from Marin Catholic.
In their recent championship years, Berkeley and SI dominated the UCSB roster with appeoximately 8 or 9 players from each school. Marin Catholic never had more than one or two.
Bluevelvet
All Star
All Star

THANKS FOR THE THREAD

Postby navlax76 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:42 pm

Yes, NorCal and SoCal can live in peaceful coexistence, with Mutually Assured Dedication (MAD) to lacrosse as the governing policy! I've heard that there are even St. Ignatius and Coronado lacrosse alumni who are college roomates!

Big lacrosse event this weekend in S.D. is the Warrior/Adrenaline Challenge Pre-Season Tournament. "Elite" and JV teams from Washington state, Oregon, Nevada, Orange County and San Diego to play in a tournament format with NCAA coaches in attendance. The coaches will also conduct a recruiting seminar as part of the program. Should be a good weekend of quality lacrosse.

The schedule is at http://www.southswellsports.com/localsports/index.php/youthkids/content/view/full/94
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Norcallax » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:36 pm

There is a new thread in the Events section. You have any inside info on the event navlax?
Norcallax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby navlax76 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:06 pm

Not sure if it qualifies as inside info, but I know this event is a part of the overall Adrenaline / South Swell / STARZ Lacrosse domain. Alex Cade, Scott Hochstadt, and their Adrenaline Lacrosse teammates are the motive forces behind the effort. Go to the Adrenaline Lacrosse website and there will be a pop-up that you can follow for more specific info on the Challenge, including a listing of the NCAA coaches who will be in attendance. For the younger players, there is to be a middle school level event later this month as well. For rising juniors and top underclassmen, the Pre-Season Challenge and the Summer Shootout are recruiting showcase events designed to draw the interest of coaches from top NCAA and MDIA programs.

I believe the ultimate goal of these efforts is to shift westward the center of gravity in the world of lacrosse; giving more opportunities for West Coast kids to realize their highest playing potential. The lacrosse pedigrees of the coaches/clinicians are impressive with NCAA and MLL athletes passing on their knowledge to the kids.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Norcallax » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:42 pm

Navlax - will you be down at the challenge? I wonder how the event compares to the Sonoma State Shootout. Please provide us with a report if you do go.
Norcallax
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Next

Return to Southern California