Torrey Pines @ Coronado

Our connection to our friends down south.

Torrey Pines @ Coronado

Postby navlax76 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Not much activity on this thread for a while. I'll post an update with the report from the Falcons vs. Islanders tussle on the 11th. Conflicted I am, as I've coached many of the players on both sides during their youth, middle school, and RC Starz days. Coronado learned a great deal and grew from their battles against the best of the MIAA/IAC and Torrey Pines fields two of the best young attackmen west of the Mississippi. An interesting litmus test for these two perennial SD powers near the end of the regular season.

Among the other end of season games with strong interest is the archrivalry game betweeen Poway and Rancho Bernardo on May 14th. This should be a well-matched contest with scoring in the single digits and a lot of good old fashioned buckle your chin strap, hard hitting lacrosse. Oh yeah, there's some other game in San Diego on the 14th as well, LCC versus TPHS. Should be a prep lacrosse fan's dream evening.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Re: Torrey Pines @ Coronado

Postby navlax76 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Torrey Pines Falcons overcome a one goal deficit at halftime (Islanders 4 - Falcons 3) to hold off the Islanders by the final score of 9 - 8.
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Return to Southern California