Donations for So. Cal lacrosse families affected by fires.

Here you'll find the forum philosophy and general announcements. If you're having login trouble, check here.

Donations for So. Cal lacrosse families affected by fires.

Postby LaxinLivermore » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:24 am

I recieved this e-mail yesterday and haven't seen any mention of it on NCLF. In the spirit of honoring the game, please consider helping those in need.

Our good friend and World Champion lacrosse player, Jim Moss is collecting donations for So. California lacrosse families affected by the recent fires.

Please read his email below if interested in making a donation.

Morning all,

I apologize for the mass email, but I figured it was the best way to get the message out quickly to see how we might best respond as an entire community.

At the end of last week I contacted my lacrosse retailers in Southern California to see if they had any information about Southern California Lacrosse families that were affected by the recent fires. Over the course of the weekend, information has come in that about 10-12 families in the Greater San Diego area have been affected. When I say affected it would appear that they lost everything that they own and are staying in local long term hotels with only their vehicles and whatever was in them.

There is a gentlemen that runs the Rancho Bernardo Youth Lacrosse program, by the name of Dennis Yeatman who has been getting me the information and will act as an excellent conduit to direct our support outward to the families affected.

STX Lacrosse is replacing all of the kids equipment and sticks ect. Dennis has got cleats and helmets from Notre Dame University and Johns Hopkins. I think that lacrosse gear has been taken care of.

What it seems they could really use, are the absolute basics. STX will send as much clothing as we have for them. Some of the items we are suggesting are Safeway gift cards, Walgreens gift cards, ect that will help them get the basics in the immediate short term. We are discussing some greater ways to help out over the long term, but in the immediate we would just like to help in any way we can to get them back on their feet. More then anything we want them to know that they are apart of the greater lacrosse community and that we take care of each other when we need to.

Any donations can be made to the Rancho Bernardo Youth Lacrosse Foundation

Donations can be mailed to me directly at my home at 2968 Moorpark Ave Unit 13, San Jose, CA, 95128 and I will redirect in bulk to Dennis in Southern California. You can also drop donations off at Lacrosse Fanatic.

Please email this around to any other local lacrosse families and let it spread virally to see how much support we can generate.

Thanks to you all in advance for your support, please feel free to contact me directly to discuss other way we might be able to support these families in need.

Jim Moss
STX Lacrosse

Thanks,
Wendy

---------------------------------------

Lacrosse Fanatic

1801 Taylor Road, Suite 120

Roseville, CA 95661

(916) 771-5601

www.lacrossefanatic.com
LaxinLivermore
All Star