San Francisco Dragons

Postby Lax Daddy Man » Mon May 29, 2006 11:16 am

First visit there. Loved it!

Waiting in line for the entire first period for my tickets was not good. Hope they fix that. More food stands would be nice.

I was very impressed to see Martin play with the longstick (after watching him play Box / Stealth) I thought he played well. While he did get the three yellow flags I don't know if Martin cost them the game......................

Saw plenty of NCLF members there. Great weather, Good times! 8)
Poke Check! Poke Check! @#*%^ Slide!
Lax Daddy Man

Postby Bluevelvet » Mon May 29, 2006 1:57 pm

Lax Daddy Man wrote:I was very impressed to see Martin play with the longstick (after watching him play Box / Stealth) I thought he played well. While he did get the three yellow flags I don't know if Martin cost them the game......................
Those 3 flags led to 3 EMO goals by the Outlaws. I think one of the three was a 2 pointer (but I'm not sure about that). Margin of victory was four.
I also thought that a couple of the calls were questionable. They were all big body checks. One was called an illegal body check and one was called a cross check.

But giving up 15 goals was not a good performance by the defense.

Next time LDM, order your tickets online and print them out directly at home. It worked like a charm and no waiting.
Bluevelvet
All Star
All Star

Postby Tomahawk214 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:40 pm

It was a nice field, not much of a selection regarding food, but meh. Warrior didn't impress me too much with their selection they brought. Fun game to watch, ticket line wasn't.
Give Blood, Play lacrosse!
Tomahawk214

Postby Billax » Mon May 29, 2006 3:46 pm

Was I the only one whose program didn't have team rosters?
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby Bluevelvet » Mon May 29, 2006 4:15 pm

There was an MLL magazine and a program. Different documents. The programs were not given out at the gate. They were in one of the vender tents.

The ticket thing is easy to fix. Order online and print the tickets out at home. It worked great. No waiting, just walked right in.
Bluevelvet
All Star
All Star

Postby DlaxDad » Mon May 29, 2006 10:27 pm

We had a program with the Dragons' roster, but nothing for the Outlaws.

I don't know what the league's approach to penalties is. I saw cross checking and slashing not called -- we told the boys half a dozen times that they aren't allowed to do what they saw on the field -- and I saw what seemed to be legal hits penalized as illegal body checks.

I'm not sure that you can pin the two-point goals on shots from outside the arc on the defensemen.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DlaxDad

Postby Grizz » Tue May 30, 2006 5:30 am

"But giving up 15 goals was not a good performance by the defense."

I think he meant people playing defense, not the position. When the other team has the ball, everyone on your team is (or should be) playing defense. More than likely, it was Middies playing poor defense.
If its worth doing, its worth abusing.
Grizz
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby Lax Daddy Man » Tue May 30, 2006 7:57 am

Grizz wrote: More than likely, it was Middies playing poor defense.

I think I have seen that happen elsewhere also! :lol:
Poke Check! Poke Check! @#*%^ Slide!
Lax Daddy Man

Postby Grizz » Tue May 30, 2006 9:50 am

Mmmmmmm, could be!
If its worth doing, its worth abusing.
Grizz
Forum Father
Forum Father

Moved from the high school forum.

Postby Bluevelvet » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:15 pm

Norcallax wrote:Mike Abou Jaoude of Bucknell was taken in the 4th round by the San Francisco Dragons. Abou Jaoude, of St. Ignatius, was twice captain of the Bucknell team and this past summer was invited to try out for the USA Team. Congratulations to him for all his hard work. Hopefully he will step on the field immediately and give all of us San Franciscans a treat!
Bluevelvet
All Star
All Star

Previous

Return to Professional