San Francisco Dragons

Postby quickstick » Fri May 19, 2006 6:22 pm

:D Ryan Powell will now be playing for the Dragons. All issue appear to have been settled.
When I make a great play it is because my opponent made me do so.
quickstick
All Star
All Star

Postby backdoor » Wed May 24, 2006 10:11 am

I'm excited for the game this weekend. It's gonna be a fun atmosphere at Kezar. Anyone know about the parking? There doesn't look to be much right around the stadium.
backdoor
Site Admin
Site Admin

parking

Postby WCLLPrez » Wed May 24, 2006 12:40 pm

public parking for the Dragon parking is available at the UCSF Permit Lot on Parnassus and Arguello. $ 7:00 per car, pre-paid before you enter.

About a 5 minute walk down the hill to the stadium.

The closet parking is the volunteer lot on Waller, but you need to working at the game for access to that lot. Volunteer spots still available- contact

GPodesta@sfdragons.com
WCLLPrez
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby Grizz » Wed May 24, 2006 6:36 pm

Isn't there an Attendant Lot just to the east of the field and south of the Gym? Entrance is on the same street that the gym entrance is on. There is room for over 100 cars, I am sure.
If its worth doing, its worth abusing.
Grizz
Forum Father
Forum Father

Kezar lot

Postby WCLLPrez » Wed May 24, 2006 9:42 pm

Grizz,

We have about half the lot reserved and from what I understand there may be some weekend permit people in there as well. For those that do get in, the cost is $ 7.00 per car
WCLLPrez
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby Grizz » Thu May 25, 2006 6:20 am

If I remember, the entrance to the lot is on Stanyon, but where Stanyon turns into Kezar Dr., you cant turn left, so just before Stanyon, veer right on the short spur street, and you can turn left from there.
If its worth doing, its worth abusing.
Grizz
Forum Father
Forum Father

STARTING GOALIE

Postby navlax76 » Fri May 26, 2006 3:22 pm

Rumor has it that the starting goalie for the Dragons' game against Denver will be Alex Cade. Cade's the Director of Adrenaline Lacrosse, the co-owner of South Swell Sports, and the head coach of boys' lacrosse at Coronado H.S. in the SD-CIF. Good luck Dragons & Cader!
navlax76
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby DlaxDad » Sun May 28, 2006 6:49 pm

Season opener was a good game. Beautiful day, terrific venue, although the ticketing was kind of chaotic. Denver won 15-11, but the Dragons rode a 4-0 third quarter to a 12-11 deficit before losing momentum in the fourth period. There was actually plenty of parking in the Kezar stadium lot up to half an hour before game time. I don't know what the paid attendance was -- my friend and I estimated 2,000 to 2,500; a team rep I talked to said 5,500. I think that's a little optimistic. Ryan Powell wasn't there; someone told me Jim Moss had suffered a concussion with the Stealth and would be in uniform later in the season. I actually thought the Dragons' defensemen shone, particularly #5, who had an assist on a pretty snappy across the zone pass, and #20.

We wish the Dragons well, and hope attendance grows. And Navlax '76, it was indeed Cade in goal. He played well, but had a bit too much unfriendly company up close to the crease.
Last edited by DlaxDad on Sun May 28, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DlaxDad

Postby DlaxDad » Sun May 28, 2006 6:56 pm

While it's on my mind, I should add that if you can print your tickets from an on line order, that's the way to go. My friend ordered on line, but his laptop wasn't mapped to a printer, and he just figured we'd pick up the ducats at will call. Unfortunately, he ordered the tickets on game day, and the computer ticketing system was pretty primative -- we waited through the line at the will call window, then had to wait in the ticket-buying line, too, because the order hadn't made it to will call. Printing them when you order on line is definitely the way to go.

Great stadium -- not a bad seat in the place. Take something to sit on, as the wooden benches are pretty unforgiving.

Hope they'll have shot clocks up by the next home game. I'll bet the players would like that, too.

Very nice of the players to stand at the field and sign autographs after the game. They all seemed very young, although that may be more a reflection on this particular spectator than an accurate reflection of the players' ages.

Next home game's July 1. They're definitely worth a look if you're going to be in town.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
DlaxDad

Postby Bluevelvet » Sun May 28, 2006 9:15 pm

DlaxDad wrote: I actually thought the Dragons' defensemen shone, particularly #5, who had an assist on a pretty snappy across the zone pass, and #20.
Excuse me? The defense gave up 15 goals to an expansion team.
#5, Eric Martin, probably cost the Dragons the game with his 3 costly penalties.

Bluevelvet
All Star
All Star

PreviousNext

Return to Professional