50%
Doubtful
8%
No way in hell
8%

Total votes : 12

Sprinoff: WCLL Draft?

Postby DomLax14 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:20 pm

I just posed this question in another thread and I figured I'd stick a poll up so we can see what the odds may be. How many of you guys think that, given the presence of the San Francisco and LA expansion teams, WCLL (and other USLIA) players will get a shot at getting picked up by a pro team. That would be a huge opprotunity for all the huge talent we have in a lot of these cali schools like sonoma, ucsb, ndnu etc . . .

I sure hope so, that would be great if San Fran would do some local recruiting
College of Marin Mens Lacrosse Club
http://www.marinerslacrosse.com
DomLax14
1st Line
1st Line

Postby Billax » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:42 pm

I voted for "a couple may," because that's how many WCLL players were drafted a couple of months ago in the NLL draft.
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby MenloKnight » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:10 pm

There are so many quality players that ply in the WCLL and they just didn't go to play in the east coast because they were never noticed by any coaches. I think there is a more than fair chance of some people getting drafted, especially for the los angeles and sf teams because they are very close to schools and need some more players, plus, who wouldn't want to play with Mrk Millon. If the guys try out, they should have a good chance of making a team, especially the top players!
Big Plays call for Big Guys
MenloKnight
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby DomLax14 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:56 pm

And with the close proximity to all the west coast powerhouses (sonoma, ndnu, UCSB, etc . . .) the san fran and LA teams should have no problem hearing all the buzz going around the community here. If you play out west you generally hear what happens out west. Theres no doubt in my mind that well start seeing these teams sending scouts to more then a few of these WCLL games
College of Marin Mens Lacrosse Club
http://www.marinerslacrosse.com
DomLax14
1st Line
1st Line

Postby marincatlax » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 pm

I posted "some guys may," there are a few guys like Will Patton from ucsb and Mark Plonkey from csu could make the easily make the teams.
marincatlax
1st Line
1st Line

Postby HughDog » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:32 pm

I hear Nick Dean from USD got selected in 12th round by SF Dragons. I could be wrong...
If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?
HughDog
All Star
All Star

Return to Professional