Jim Moss

Jim Moss

Postby quickstick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:47 pm

All of us in the Northern California Lacrosse community know Jim Moss. He is fighting Gullian-Barre syndrome, a neurological disorder. Let's all send him our best wishes. The Mammoth press release is below:

DENVER - The Colorado Mammoth announced today that transition player Jim Moss has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome. A disorder which attacks the body's immune system and part of the peripheral nervous system, Guillain-Barré syndrome is often times a devastating disorder due to its sudden and unexpected onset. Patients usually reach states of weakness or paralysis in the days or weeks after symptoms occur.
In most cases, Guillain-Barré syndrome is not life threatening but is considered a medical emergency. "Jim is in good hands and is battling hard," said Mammoth general manager Steve Govett. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Jim and his family right now. His doctors think they caught it early in the process which should help Jim in his recovery."

A member of the Mammoth organization since 2007, the 6'0", 215 lb. Moss has recorded 16 points in 20 regular season games for the Mammoth. A shoulder injury kept him out of the 2009 Colorado campaign. "We are hopeful for Jim's quick recovery and return to the Colorado Mammoth, but the most important thing is for everyone to focus on his family and his immediate battle to overcome this challenging syndrome." Govett added.

For more information on Guillain-Barré syndrome, please visit the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke's website at http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/detail_gbs.htm.

The Mammoth opens the 2010 regular season on the road against the Washington Stealth on January 9. The home-opener is one week later as Colorado hosts the Edmonton Rush at Pepsi Center on Saturday, January 16
When I make a great play it is because my opponent made me do so.
quickstick
All Star
All Star

Re: Jim Moss

Postby jaydub » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Jim Moss is a class act. I enjoyed watching him and appreciated the passion he brought to his team. I hope he battles through this with the same determination and spirit he demonstrated on the floor and field.
jaydub
Practice Player
Practice Player

Re: Jim Moss

Postby Bay Area Lax » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:58 pm

He has been blogging about his experience.
http://sidewaysisforward.blogspot.com/
My thoughts are with you Jim, we are all hoping for a speedy recovery.
Bay Area Lax
1st Line
1st Line

Return to Professional