No more Pro Lax in Bay Area

No more Pro Lax in Bay Area

Postby picknroll » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 pm

First the Dragons and now the Stealth.

http://laxfunews.com/2009/06/17/nll-san-jose-stealth-lacrosse-team-moves-to-washington/

My son has been telling me this was going to happen for a few weeks. I guess he's got the inside scoop. Bummer :(
picknroll

Re: No more Pro Lax in Bay Area

Postby laxin94526 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:57 am

Yes, it is sad but true. The bay area has lost the Stealth to Seattle (Everett, Wa. actually). This not only means we lose the opportunity to take a short drive to San Jose to watch some high level lacrosse played by the best in the business. But, it will also hurts the bay area by losing these professional players from working within 'our' local lacrosse community.
Examples of some of the Steath players:
Tom Johnson was coaching with the Redhawks U15-B1 team
Ryhs Duch was coaching at Los Gatos high school
Frank Resiteries was coaching at Saratoga high school
There were probably more Stealth players coaching in the bay area during the season but those were the only one I can confirm. I'm sure the 3 programs listed above will feel a great loss to the coaching ranks, one that will be impossible to fill next season. I know its 'to little - to late', but I want to thank those Stealth players listed above for helping improve the quality of lacrosse within the bay area. This hurts us all in the bay area.
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby picknroll » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Also a big shout out to Colin Doyle for all of the sessions that he's put on. What a super guy! He will be forever remembered in our club as the guy who shot the ball through the metal bar fence. He ripped a 90+ mph shot that missed the net and just kept going through the fence behind the net leaving two bent bars. Every now and then I still see my guys wandering over to that spot in the fence trying to shoot one through like Doyle did. Colin also drew up a killer EMO play for me! Truly a great part of our lax community that will be sorely missed by me. The Canadian accent is way cool too!
picknroll

Postby laxin94526 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:36 pm

The bay areas former team, now the Washington Stealth have advanced to the NLL championship game this coming Saturday. Due to having the best regular season record in the league, the championship game will be hosted by the Stealth. With more support locally over the past few years, this game COULD have been right here in our back yard. GO STEALTH.
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby picknroll » Mon May 10, 2010 1:16 pm

You were just waiting to rub that in on us :)

Still doing your equipment gig with the team? How have the crowds been up there?
picknroll

Postby laxin94526 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:01 pm

The 2010 National Lacrosse League champions are the Washington Stealth. Huge win on Saturday against the Toronto Rock (with Colin Doyle) gives the Stealth's its first NLL championship. The Comcast Arena was within 100 tickets of being SOLD OUT. The Washington state lacrosse community and the town of Everett have welcomed the Stealth with open arms. They love the team there and the buzz around the city was noticable. As a season ticket holder for every season they played in San Jose, I wish the bay area lacrosse community would have supported the team better and kept them local. The celebration was awesome and there were multiple people in the stands wearing SJ jerseys.
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Return to Professional