Stealth trade/draft

Stealth trade/draft

Postby motiv8orr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:14 pm

http://www.sjstealth.com/news/news.asp?story_id=649

The Stealth traded Anthony Cosmo away. Not so good, but they got a fresh goalie from Chicago, who sounds pretty respectable.

Apparently the Stealth have the #2 and #3 draft picks this year. Both Danowski and Rabil are in the combine roster. I would certainly be excited about seeing either of those two in the line up.
motiv8orr
All Star
All Star

9/2

Postby laxin94526 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Trading Cozmo sounds a little scary until you hear the whole story. I know Cozmo is a great player and a great ambassador for the sport. However, teaching 7th grade science until 3:00 and then flying cross country every Friday night had to be difficult on him. No telling how much longer he would have stayed with the Stealth. Getting something for him now is better than nothing later and getting a top 3 draft pick sounds like a steal. I do not have much information on the player they received from Chicago but what was said in the press release. Also, Aaron Bold played very well for the Stealth last season. He had a great game in New York when Cozmo's flight was delayed. He looks like he can handle being a starter if called upon. Lastly, Tyler Richards (the #3 goalie on the team last season) has played very well in the Canadian indoor league this summer with a league leading team. He is not to shabby. I think the Stealth will be in great shape in the goalie department and with 2 of the top 3 picks in the draft, the rest of the team will be improved. GO STEALTH
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Rabil - Duch - Huntley

Postby motiv8orr » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Stealth choose Paul Rabil as their first pick. In the combine, Rabil scored 1 goal, and 5 assists. Second in points to only Daryl Veltman, the #1 pick to Boston. He looks to be a good player with big name appeal.

with the #3 pick the Stealth took Rhys Duch, who made 3 goals in the combine.

The Stealth made a last minute trade of Luke Wiles in exchange for the #5 pick.
With the pick they chose kevin Huntley, who wasn't even in the combine. But he was the MLL rookie of the year. Doug Locker, with his Dragons hat on, let Huntley slip away in a draft day trade. Luke Wiles was very good, so I hope Huntley can continue his magic indoors. As a previous teammate of Rabil, it could work out well.
motiv8orr
All Star
All Star

Return to Professional