Stealth Wins at Home!

Stealth Wins at Home!

Postby Lax Daddy Man » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Stealth won 17 to 11 over the Shamrocks today.

With the Stealth slow outta the gate, Shamrocks had 2 on the board before two minutes into the game. Before long it was 3 - 0 favoring the Rocks. That did not last though. San Jose put up 4 unanswered goals by the end of the 1st period.

The Stealth popped in 4 more in the 2nd period to the Shamrock's 3, going into halftime with a 8 - 6 lead.

Third period same. 4 Stealth and 3 Shamrock goals ending at 12 - 9 Stealth.

In the 4th Stealth upped the ante with 5 goals to 2 Shamrock goals ending at a 17 to 11 win for the home team!

There was a penalty shot for the Stealth in the closing seconds. (The announcer never bothered explaining why........) #5, Frank Resetarits took on the task for the Stealth facing Miller for the Shamrocks. Resetarits came down Millers right side and broke across the front of the crease causing Miller to slide left. As Miller did this Resetarits placed it in Miller's top right corner for a score........

Resetarits had at least a hat trick as one of the newer Stealth players and was a treat to watch. The Stealth seems to be getting into a groove now, showing much hustle and pinpoint passing.

While I was wearing my ever popular Nor Cal Lax Forum "Lax Daddy Man" hat "laxin94526" stopped by my seats to say hello. I also spoke with other friends / lax parents and local area players that I know. "The Kid" brought along 3 players from his team. Most important, I got to spend some time with my favorite defenseman (and good buddy) Kyle Donovan of MV Fame. He was there with some of his fellow lax players from Dominican University to cheer on one of their coaches, Stealth player Tim Booth.

If you are missing these Stealth games you are missing out................ 8)
Poke Check! Poke Check! @#*%^ Slide!
Lax Daddy Man

3/10

Postby laxin94526 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:10 pm

As of today, the San Jose Stealth sit atop the western division with a 5-3 record. The big win Saturday (in Denver) gives them the same record as the Mammouth but the Stealth holds the tie breaker in the head to head battle. Luke Wiles had a monster game with 3 goal and 4 assist and Cozmo was amazing in the goal. Next week its another road game (in Philly) before returning to HP Pavilion on Saturday March 22. Quick note, the game time for the 3/22 game has been adjusted to a 12:00 start (was originally a 1:00 start). Don't be late.
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Lax Daddy Man » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Hope to see them continue the winning at home! 8)
Lax Daddy Man

3/20

Postby laxin94526 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:38 am

Just a quick reminder that the Stealth have a home game this Saturday (3/22). They take on the Calgary Roughnecks at 12:00 at the HP Pavilion. With the Easter holiday this weekend, there are very few NCJLA and high school games scheduled. So it's a great time to come out to the game and support the Stealth.
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Lax Daddy Man » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:44 am

Wouldn't miss it. 8)

12:00 game time is nice for scheduling other weekend activities also!
Lax Daddy Man

Free ticket for the Saturday, March 22nd Stealth game

Postby Billax » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:36 am

I have a lacrosse conflict for this game and would like to give away two tickets for this game to someone who'd use them. The seats are on the centerline, 14 rows up and behind the penalty boxes.

Saturday, March 22nd HP Pavilion in San Jose 12 noon

If someone wants them and can pick them up in Orinda, PM me.
Sports don't build character, they reveal it. - Heywood Broun
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby Lax Daddy Man » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:06 pm

GREAT game today. Cosmo was on fire in the goal and backup Bold got some time in to show his skills!

Good passing and the debut of some new talent.

For some reason somebody thought it was a good idea to hand a microphone over to some local "rappers". While it was supposed to be for a "cause" to stay in school the issue was not well represented and it was being presented to the wrong crowd. The fans were booing more than they do at Canadians.............. :shock: The crowd hated it and many fans left their seats. For those that deciphered the “lyricsâ€
Lax Daddy Man

Postby picknroll » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Beautiful finish by Colin Doyle on the bounce shot with 4 seconds!

The rap wasn't my thing either, but the group of 12 year old kids I took seemed to tolerate it ok. It was bothering my buddy so much he had to leave the stands. All the kids that I took all carried sticks in anticipation of a halftime contest of some sort. Those are fun. Instead we got the rappers :(

One area that the Stealth still need to work on is transition. Every time an opponent pushes the ball up hard on a clear they catch the Stealth trying to swap O and D. Today's game started out looking like a blowout win for the Stealth, but then Calgary reeled off 3 or 4 fast break goals to make it a game - one of them a ridiculous 3v1. This has been the case for every game I've watched over the last couple of years.
The more I practice the luckier I get.
picknroll

3/25

Postby laxin94526 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:08 am

Yes, that was an exciting Stealth game on Saturday. Pick and LDM did nice recaps of the game. The Stealth played an awesome fisrt and fouth quarters with a little slow period in the middle of the game. They are currently tied at the top of the western division and in position to host at least one playoff game. From the NLL website, it looks like that would take place sometime during the first weekend in May. Sharks will be in the playoffs during the same time, so I guess we will need to wait and see the schedule later. Next home game is Sunday April 6th @ 4:00.
laxin94526
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby picknroll » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:43 pm

I won a private lesson with Colin Doyle in a fundraiser auction a few weeks back. Colin came out yesterday and gave the lesson to my three boys. What a great guy! It was really exciting for the boys to watch that game winner from Colin on Saturday and then get a lesson from him yesterday. I think that's a great way for the Stealth to bond their players to the lacrosse community. Kudos to the Stealth for these types of programs. I know that laxin94526 has been bringing Colin Doyle and Jeff Zwycki out to youth and high school practices also. It's great to see Stealth getting involved again with our programs. It seems like we had that a few years back with Matt Oglesby and Jim Moss, but we've seen less of that in the last couple of years. The new management seems to be making an effort to get involved and I for one am appreciative.

Doyle's lesson was awesome! It made me feel really inferior as a coach. He packed shooting, dodging, feeding, and of course the pick and roll in an action-filled hour. He even taught my boys those Canadian behind-the-back passes, but we're not sure the coach is going to let them use that move. :D Great fun! I would highly recommend an hour with Colin if you ever run across the opportunity like I did.

Let's get out and support the Stealth on their playoff run!
picknroll

Next

Return to Professional