La Riptide Captains

La Riptide Captains

Postby quickstick » Tue May 15, 2007 2:36 pm

LA RIPTIDE ANNOUNCE '07 CAPTAINS

Veterans Donnelly, Ogelsby and Watson to Lead the Riptide

At the completion of its 2007 pre-season training camp, the LA Riptide announced its team captains for the 2007 MLL season. Defenseman Sean Donnelly (Navy '92), midfielder Matt Ogelsby (Duke '95) and attackman Michael Watson (Virginia '97) were selected team captains by their teammates in a vote conducted prior to the Riptide's pre-season scrimmage with the Denver Outlaws.

"I am extremely proud to announce Sean, Matt and Michael as our team captains," said head coach John Tucker. "These guys are terrific competitors and true leaders in every sense of the word. The selection of the three of them by their teammates is not only a tribute to their leadership qualities but also a strong statement about the value our entire team places on character, hard work, and competitive spirit."

=D> Nice work Matt
When I make a great play it is because my opponent made me do so.
quickstick
All Star
All Star

Postby Billax » Tue May 15, 2007 2:46 pm

Congratulations to Matt! It's a particular honor to be elected captain by your teammates. I'll bet there are many hundreds of his players who'll be excited by this news.
Sports don't build character, they reveal it. - Heywood Broun
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby picknroll » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Looks like Ogelsby is playing for the Dragons. I just received this email from Matt as part of the All West distribution:

I’m a San Francisco Dragon!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have the opportunity to play in my own backyard. I played and won an NLL championship with the Dragon’s new Head Coach, Tom Slate, when we were both with the Philadelphia Wings. He is defensive-minded and, for over 10 years, played for, coached with, and has been mentored by Tony Resch, one of the most successful coaches in lacrosse history. Undoubtedly, Tom will bring a winning system with him from Philly. I'm looking forward to getting started with my new teammates and coaching staff and will be ready to do my part to contribute to the Dragons success in 2008!

That said, I am very proud of what we accomplished in LA as a team and organization and it was an honor to serve as their captain last year. The entire LA Riptide organization is first class and I will cherish my memories of playing with them the past two seasons- especially playing in last year’s Championship game. I wish the Riptide all the best in 2008.
The more I practice the luckier I get.
picknroll

Return to Professional