Stealth Upset Mammoth In Sudden Death Overtime, 15-14

Stealth Upset Mammoth In Sudden Death Overtime, 15-14

Postby Lax Daddy Man » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:34 am

Stealth had a 15-14 victory against the defending National Lacrosse League Champion Colorado Mammoth in the Western Conference Semifinals of the Champions Cup Playoffs at the Pepsi Center last night.

With the win, the fourth seeded Stealth advances to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in the history of the four-year franchise, and knocks out the top seeded Mammoth from the playoffs.

clicky for details...

Nice comeback this season from a lousy start! Hopefully the wins continue and a playoff game will be played at home in S.J. !
Poke Check! Poke Check! @#*%^ Slide!
Lax Daddy Man

Postby rapidfireguy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:29 pm

They've also racked up some league awards. Gary Rosyski led the league with 18 pp goals, Anthony Cosmo had the best save percentage and goals against average, and the team combined for fewest goals against and best penalty kill percentage.

The list of awards can be found here.

Congrats to the Stealth!
EAT-SLEEP-PLAY. THE FIRST TWO ARE OPTIONAL.
rapidfireguy
All Star
All Star

Postby CNd-pole » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:58 pm

they snuck up on the mammoth....

bad pun sorry guys

Way to go, First the Warriors,
Now the Stealth

who next the 49ers??
hips hips hips!!
CNd-pole
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Stealth game was awesome

Postby Mexilax » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:34 pm

WOW ! I got to watch the Stealth live on Altitude Channel on TV Saturday night. God bless my direct TV (sports package is a must for all lacrosse junkies)

The comeback was totally awesome. These guys have really come togethor as a unit and never give up. I just love the scrappy play of Eric Martin (the best kept secret in lacrosse) and Ian Hawksbee on D, but I have to say that watching the offense has been a treat.

The addition of Colin Doyle has made everyone better, Luke Wiles scoring and taking on all comers, Gary Rosyski has been reborn now that the D is focused on Doyle. But hands down, the next and current superstar is my favorite player, Jeff Zywyki (did I spell that right?)

The Z-man is the sickest finisher in lacrosse today. He isnt the biggest, strongest, or fastest, he just scores goals, plain and simple. His scrappiness near the goal and finishing skills are the two huge reasons why we are going to the Western Conference Championships.

It was obvious to all who attended the World Championships in London,Ontario this past summer that the torch has definitly been passed as the top scorers in the game head into the twilight of their careers , the new generation has started to take over. Im so stoked about what the Z-man is doing for my beloved Stealth, its too bad the Dragons never really gave him a chance! If the World's proved anything its that he could finish outdoors as well as indoors.

All I have to say is bye-bye Colorado-GAME OVER! The Z-man has closed the door on your repeat dreams. Say goodnight, the ZZZman is in the house tonight!

PS- Just printed up some sweet Z-man lacrosse T-shirts and Im working on a Jeff Zywyki fan club if anyone else is interested. Its about time we got excited about these wonderful players that we get to see in our own backyard.(maybe not for too much longer-cross your fingers on next year)

PEACE, GO STEALTH...BEAT ARIZONA !!!
Mexilax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Return to Professional