New MLL teams on the west coast

Postby chadwick » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:42 pm

the Bay Area would have an MLL team next year. I guess we'll know soon.
wow i hope so, like j-rotty said; it would be alot easier then paying the $500 to go to the East and watch a game haha :P
chadwick

Postby MJ88 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:41 pm

Flandog wrote:In the words of the immortal John Rocker (RP of the Altanta Braves)....."I don't like New York.....too many foreigners". Did he also throw in a zinger about minorities as well? I'm not sure.

Actually here are the shocking quotes: :shock:

On ever playing for a New York team: "I would retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the [Number] 7 train to the ballpark, looking like you're [riding through] Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing."

On New York City itself: "The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. I'm not a very big fan of foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"

In passing, he calls an overweight black teammate "a fat monkey." Asked if he feels any bond with New York Knicks guard Latrell Sprewell, notorious for choking coach P.J. Carlesimo two years ago, Rocker lets out a snarl of disgust. "That guy should've been arrested, and instead he's playing basketball," he says. "Why do you think that is? Do you think if he was Keith Van Horn -- if he was white -- they'd let him back? No way." Rocker is rarely tongue-tied when it comes to bashing those of a race or sexual orientation different from his. "I'm not a racist or prejudiced person," he says with apparent conviction. "But certain people bother me."

"So many dumb asses don't know how to drive in this town," he says, Billy Joel's New York State of Mind humming softly from the radio. "They turn from the wrong lane. They go 20 miles per hour. It makes me want -- Look! Look at this idiot! I guarantee you she's a Japanese woman." A beige Toyota is jerking from lane to lane. The woman at the wheel is white. "How bad are Asian women at driving?"
MJ88
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

Postby Flandog » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:32 am

Thanks MJ.

From Laxpower a guy from Denver wrote:

They had Jake on local radio yesterday confirming Denver and LA for expansion teams next summer and two more teams to come from Dallas, Chicago, San Diego or San Francisco, making a 4-team Western Conference.

Man, we have a 50-50 chance of being one of the other two cities. Someone has got to be in the know. Will we get a team or not? I figure that they will have to announce it soon.

What do you think?
BIRTH - LACROSSE - DEATH
Flandog
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Postby JRotty12 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:15 pm

of course we will...think positive! Plus...if powell wants an LA team, Powell gets an LA team haha. actually i'm sure thats not how things work...but if these guys were smart and wanted to see where the sport is really blowing up and where they could make real money in ticket sales, we'd have a team at the A's stadium lol.
HEART, HUSTLE, HIT
UC Davis Lacrosse #22
JRotty12
All Star
All Star

Postby Flandog » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:33 pm

I'm with you Rotten-dog, but I hate the Oakland Coliseum. I vote for Cal's stadium or even Stanford .... or somewhere in the city..... how many does Kezar hold?
BIRTH - LACROSSE - DEATH
Flandog
NCLF All American
NCLF All American

Postby JRotty12 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:51 pm

probably enough...we're not gonna have 44,000 person attendances like the A's do :cry: (if you can't tell...big A's fan right here)
HEART, HUSTLE, HIT
UC Davis Lacrosse #22
JRotty12
All Star
All Star

Postby MenloKnight » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:48 am

Stanford would work well, even those smaller side stadiums, cal is artificial, so it would be up to the choice between natural and artificial. Kezar would be sweet, right in the city, things happening, someone across the street might think, hey, lets go to the lacrosse game, and the sport would grow.
MenloKnight
NCLF MVP
NCLF MVP

We're getting MLL!

Postby Billax » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:42 am

The Bay Area is home to one of the 4 new MLL franchises!!!! Here's the story
Games will be played at Kezar, which should be a terrific venue for Lacrosse!

Hooray!
Billax
Forum Father
Forum Father

Postby btbtopshelf » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:07 pm

Kezar only place to serve adult beverages!
Look Good ~ Feel Good ~ Play Good
btbtopshelf
1st Line
1st Line

Postby Grizz » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:46 am

Great! Maybe a hockey game will brake out in the stands. :P
Grizz
Forum Father
Forum Father

PreviousNext

Return to Professional