Federighi Chosen League All-Tourney Team Goalie

Federighi Chosen League All-Tourney Team Goalie

Postby Scorekeeper » Sun May 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Caroline Federighi of Oregon, freshman from Amador Valley, won the goalie slot on the Mountain Pacific all-tournament team, not hurt at all by her play in the championship game when Oregon jumped out to a 7-0 lead over Stanford less than half way into the first half with Caroline stopping everything coming her way. Stanford eventually came back to win it 12-10, showing why they came into the tournament ranked No. 6 in the country, and Stanford's own freshman goalie, Munoz, normally a backup, won all-tournament MVP honors, but in this game Federighi looked like the best player on the field.
Scorekeeper
All Star
All Star

Re: Federighi Chosen League All-Tourney Team Goalie

Postby laxtree » Sun May 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Totally agree....Caroline was incredible today as she always is. Take her 15 saves today combined with 9 saves in the semi-final - and that is tournament MVP in my book
laxtree
3rd Line
3rd Line

Postby lax4real » Sun May 01, 2011 10:43 pm

I almost made it to the game and now I'm very upset I missed it! Caroline is amazing. She's the finest example of NorCals best - both on and off the lacrosse field. Way to go kiddo. We're very proud and happy for you! =D>
If they don't play lacrosse in heaven - I'm not going!
lax4real
1st Line
1st Line

Postby laxdad3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 am

East Bay has had some great goalies over the past few years(Fav at Miramonte, Tucker at Monte Vista) but
Caroline is the best we've seen. What a competitor!
Congrats to her on a great year and we're looking forward to 3 more years up there in Duckland.
laxdad3

Return to Women's College