Lindsey Munday at USC!

Lindsey Munday at USC!

Postby Coach Jen » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 am

It seems Lindsey Munday is to be the first coach at USC for their new program! How cool is that!? I cannot imagine a more well rounded, gracious leader for that new program! She is a talented player, a great communicator, and very approachable... which players love, love, love!

Yippee! \:D/

HAPPY NEW YEAR CALIFORNIA LACROSSE!
Coach Jen

Nothing Good comes easy...
Coach Jen
All Star
All Star

Re: Lindsey Munday at USC!

Postby Scorekeeper » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Holy Cow!! Her first recruit? KELLY AUSTIN from the U. of Virginia who was regarded as the best prep player in the country in 2009 when she played for Sts. Stephen's & Agnes! We watched her play St. Ignatius when the Alexandria, VA team visited and blew out the home girls. Amazing athlete, niece of Tracy Austin, the former No. 1 tennis player in the world and daughter of Denise Austin, famous sports trainer. What a way to start recruiting!!

When USC decides to go Division I, they go all the way. A benefit of being a private school with a great history of fund raising. Huge new buildings opening each year in sciences and the arts and no shortage of money for athletics either while our state universities are starving! I can see lots of those San Diego players suddenly looking at USC, but Munday has great contacts in Maryland and Virginia from her most recent job, and Mass. and Illinois from her years as assistant at Northwestern.

My daughter played for USC as a club team in 2001-2003 until her senior year when her course load (geology) got too heavy. They had fun but couldn't have played a D-I school, obviously This is a whole different level.

Thank goodness we'll keep enough west coast teams to earn a legit automatic qualifier for the NCAAs despite Cal's financial problems.
Scorekeeper
All Star
All Star

Return to Women's College