14. none
15. none
16. none
maxlax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Re: D1 NCS

Postby laxadaisical » Sun May 15, 2011 2:16 pm

I know they don't look at online rankings, but laxpower nailed it this year. Campolindo, Livermore and Northgate would have been in but must not have applied. As some have said here I can understand if they didn't want to travel for the "privilege" of a lopsided loss. Further proof there's really no need for a 16-team bracket, at least not on the girls' side.

With all due respect to Granada, who have been playing better recently, I'm looking forward to the possibility of a #3 Cal v. #6 Amador second-round game. Amador won both previous games by 2 goals each. But it's hard to beat any team in this league three times. That could be the game of the tourney and one not to miss. #4 Davis v. #5 Monte Vista could be another interesting game and the best chance in a few years for there to be a non-EBAL team in the final four.

But based on this bracket and the last few weeks of the season I think it will be a Carondelet/Foothill final. Carondelet should roll through their side of the bracket. Foothill are just so tough this year at home. I think they meet in the end. And though I think Foothill has some real fight in them, my humble prediction is Carondelet by around 3-4 goals.
laxadaisical
All Star
All Star

Postby FHSrent » Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 am

I said CHS vs FHS in the finals at the beginning of the season.... and no one belived me... \:D/ . So, yeah, I agree, Laxi... I think if Foothill played their very best, and they have everyone, they might be able to beat CHS. HOWEVER: CHS is so very fast and very talented. I agree by 3-4... though ANY thing is possible.
FHSrent
1st Line
1st Line

Postby Daddylaxer » Mon May 16, 2011 9:19 am

NORTH COAST SECTION

2011 GIRLS’ DIVISION 1 LACROSSE BRACKET

http://cifncs.org/sports/lacrosse/files ... CKET11.pdf

2011 GIRLS' DIVISION 2 LACROSSE BRACKET

http://cifncs.org/sports/lacrosse/files ... CKET11.pdf

FHSrent - mighty presumptuous of you to assume you were right. We haven't even had the first round yet and you already have FHS vs Carondolet in the finals. Las Lomas, Cal and AV all have the potential to beat your Falcons. I just think it's a little early to be tooting your horn! [-X As for Carondolet - on a good defensive day - MV can take them. I'm just saying......... :-"
Daddylaxer

Postby FHSrent » Mon May 16, 2011 11:20 am

It's not my team, so it's not my horn. (it's Cuozzo's horn) I think that CAL can beat FHS, true. They did so earlier in the season. FHS looked like ick that day. They since beat Cal 20-10. They are now missing their X player, so it could be tougher to beat CAL. As for the others, I don't think so. Las Lomas? Did you see the score of that game? It was 17-5. Not likely. AV has hustle, for sure. But I still think they are too young and inexperienced to beat FHS. MV? Definately possible, but if FHS plays the way they have been, not likely. Though MV is always very hard working.That would mean that MV would have beaten CHS for FHS to meet them again, and I do not think that will happen either. CHS beat MV 17-9 and 17-7. There is a gap there, that I don't think will be bridged. I heard Paige Southmaid is out with an ankle injury... so... if that still stands... a bigger gap.

Presumptuous, maybe. That is my opinion, and I am stickin' to it. Sorry if you don't like it. Sorry if it sounded like I was stating a fact. I do believe it will be fact. I was agreeing with Laxa, reread my post. And, if my kid is on that FHS team, wouldn't it be normal and natural for me to think they could win? Sheesh...

Just sayin' :-"
FHSrent
1st Line
1st Line

Postby maxlax » Tue May 17, 2011 6:19 pm

any predictions on tomarrows games?
maxlax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby FHSrent » Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 am

SRV vs Berk: anybodys' game. I lean towards Berk by 2, but if Amy has a great game, totally winnable for SRV. EDIT: Though the poster below has some very good points about that game.
Davis by 6.
MV by 10 (if they bring it, 4 if they don't)
Las Lomas by 7.
AV by 9 (if they bring it, 5 if they don't).
Last edited by FHSrent on Wed May 18, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FHSrent
1st Line
1st Line

Postby laxdad2012 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:59 am

I think all the favored seeds will win tonight.

#8 San Ramon over #9 Berkeley: San Ramon has been playing better lately and they are better tested considering the level of competition they've been facing in season, but this could be the closest (as you would expect with the seedings).
#4 Davis over #13 Dublin: I think by a lot.
#5 Monte Vista over ##12 Dougherty Valley: I think by a lot.
#7 Las Lomas over #10 Redwood: This could be a closer one, but I think Las Lomas is good enough to win by 5.
#6 Amador Valley over #11 Granada: Granada is feisty enough to keep it competitive, but I agree Amador by 7 or so.
laxdad2012
1st Line
1st Line

Postby maxlax » Wed May 18, 2011 8:57 pm

AV 12, Granada 10
Las Lomas 12, Redwood 3
MV 17, Doughery 9
Davis 16, Dublin 4
San Ramon 14, Berkeley 9

Fridays games:
Carondelet vs. San Ramon
MV vs. Davis
Foothill vs. Las Lomas
Cal vs. AV

Predictions for the quarter final games?????
maxlax
2nd Line
2nd Line

Postby FHSrent » Thu May 19, 2011 12:31 am

Fridays games:
Carondelet vs. San Ramon... CHS by 12
MV vs. Davis... MV by 4
Foothill vs. Las Lomas... FHS by 8 or more
Cal vs. AV... AV has beaten CAL twice this year.... I think CAL should win... not sure if they will. BTW: I HOPE AV wins... just cuz I always route for the underdog...
FHSrent
1st Line
1st Line

Next

Return to Women's High School